PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the killer cage cover...?

Kumashe
08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Since I've had him, I've noticed Indy always tries to bite the heck out of his cage cover every time I cover his cage at night. Is that normal for a wild lovie or do hand tamed ones act the same?

Janie
08-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Kumashe, maybe Indy doesn't like to be covered. :confused: My younger two do not so I don't cover them. Oliver gets 3 out of 4 sides covered and seems to be very happy with that arrangement but he had never been covered before I adopted him (and he was about 6 then). Be sure that what ever you're using as a cover is smooth so that he wouldn't get hooked to the fabric. Like a toe nail, I mean. He sleeps in your room, right? I would think he'd rest better covered if he's sleeping in a room where others are still awake so maybe this is just his little night time ritual, attacking the cover. Or maybe he doesn't like being covered. It is so hard to figure out what they're thinking! :rolleyes:

Kumashe
08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
He doesn't make noise when I cover him or anything. He just glares at the cage cover with his 'I'm gonna bite you' look. I've let him bite it to show him that it would hurt him, butt he still does it. Maybe he just like biting it, I dunno.

Janie
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
:D Sounds like he has his own little game with that cover! They sure do keep you guessing......:whistle:

Susi
08-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Took me at least a couple of years to get mine to accept a cover at night, now she loves it.

wilkiecoco
08-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Kiwi has hated it from the moment we got him 1 1/2 years ago. He would climb on the bars and shake. we don't cover him now, just make his room dark and he sleeps like a baby. Susi - how did you get yours to love the cover?