PDA

View Full Version : Less than 1 hr away from me...

kimsbirds
08-18-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_2857.aspx

Lord help me stay away from those birds this weekend!!!

Kimmie

butterfly1061
08-18-2006, 07:49 PM
But Kimmie, they're free :D I don't think I could stay away either. To give an animal who deserves a good home would be hard to pass up. You could just go look ;)

I hope they find who's responsible for abandoning them and they don't get off lightly. Let us know what you find out. :)

kimsbirds
08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Jackie, I went to the ospca site and the animals saved from that abandoned shop aren't yet available for adoption because of the case pending and charges etc. The animals that ARE free though, are the one's who've been at the shelter for quite some time...
STILL........

Kimmie

Christine9
08-18-2006, 11:18 PM
...penned up birds and snakes were being kept in the same enclosure.

:omg: :eek: :x

I hope the owners of that store are prosecuted to the FULLEST. :mad: >:

Kathryn
08-19-2006, 05:16 PM
The black and white kitty in the picture is a spitting image of my cat Mauvis!

It is hard to believe that workers at the store didn't provide better care for the animals there...much less the owners not requiring better care for animals. There is no worse turnoff for a potential pet buyer than to walk in a store and be hit by litter smell and filthy conditions!! I can only image there must be something seriously wrong...perhaps the owner is seriously ill or worse....At least someone reported the situation and Toronto is up to speed.

Kimmie...I bet you go back to check once the birdies are up for adoption :whistle:

kimsbirds
08-19-2006, 06:26 PM
LOL Kathryn, bite your tongue !!
I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PARROT !!!

hehehe

Z28Taxman
08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
LOL Kathryn, bite your tongue !!
I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PARROT !!!

hehehe

You'll be camped outside with an empty cage waiting for them to open the the day they become available. :evil:

butterfly1061
08-19-2006, 09:35 PM
You'll be camped outside with an empty cage waiting for them to open the the day they become available. :evil:
Anyone live close by to Kimmie who has a video camera? :lol

bubble
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
i am in toronto, will make sure kimmie is there on the day when adoption is available :D
i already have 14 very spoiled lovies, if no one can offer the birdies a good home i think i might be able to take in 2 or 3 or more of them :eek:

linda040899
08-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Mimi,
Once you have a certain number, a few extra ones don't seem like they increase the flock much! Go for it!

bubble
08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
linda, i am starting to lose count of my lovies. i agree once it's over 12, a few more doesn't make a big difference.
kimmie, let me know if they are up for adoption.