PDA

View Full Version : Melody's first word~!

Buy A Paper Doll
08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes, I'm a proud birdy mommy: Melody spoke her first word today. "Peekaboo!" :happy:

Of course it was one clear "peekaboo" for 50 garbled "peekapeek"s but I'll take what I can get!

Now she's back to her standard "grack!" and miscellaneous R2D2 noises.

bellarains
08-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Jennifer,

That is awesome. Bela only says Peek. I can only seem to get one to two words, and they are not really plain, but I take what I get too:)

butterfly1061
08-22-2006, 01:45 PM
WooHoo! Miss Melly :D She's a smart cookie!

Jennifer, don't teach her too many words or she'll be bossing Milo around with phrases he doesn't want to hear or telling him "I can talk & you can't" :eek:

Janie
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Bela only says Peek.

Lori, you are cracking me up here! Every lovebird I've seen or heard says PEEK! It's ain't a word girlie, it's a lovie call! If we get to count that as a word then all three of mine talk! :rofl:

Jennifer, I've heard that some hens will speak a few words and with Miss Melody's personality, I'm not at all surprised! :D

Susan27
08-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Aw...Cute Jennifer. Kiko has never said anything close to peek for me.

When my mom visits, she is convinced that Kiko says KEYKEY...which I think too...I call her KiKi, so maybe she is saying it.

Now the only thing she is doing is attacking me....so no words, just that annoying high short chirp..the 'get away from me and my eggs' sound.

Is the one bird in your avatar as purple as it shows?

Buy A Paper Doll
08-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Is the one bird in your avatar as purple as it shows?
*beams with pride* :happy: Yes, ma'am! :happy:

Eliza
08-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, I'm a proud birdy mommy: Melody spoke her first word today. "Peekaboo!" :happy:

Of course it was one clear "peekaboo" for 50 garbled "peekapeek"s but I'll take what I can get!

Now she's back to her standard "grack!" and miscellaneous R2D2 noises.

"Grack"

:rofl:

I think that's about all Beetle-brat has managed to say in the 10 months that I've had him! I swear that I once heard him say "bird-bird" but that was likely my imagination.

-e-

Buy A Paper Doll
08-23-2006, 10:12 PM
their first word is likely to be something you wouldn't want the vicar to hear
Tell you what, if she ever decides to copy her "daddy" then I'm in serious trouble! Hubby manages truck (lorry) drivers you see, and his language can be quite ... colorful at times. :whistle:

KedaDibandion
08-26-2006, 08:52 PM

That's awesome!

It takes a lot of work, but it's fun having your lovie talk back! :) My Yoku is definitely a talker. She says "Uh, oh," "Good night," "Step up," "Poopy bird," and "Come Here!" I think I heard her say "paper" once, but I'm not sure. She sure loves chewing up paper though -- whenever I say the word she freaks out. :lol