PDA

View Full Version : IT"S A BOY!! I NEED NAMES!!!

rigidneophyte
09-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I just got the e-mail from the breeder letting me know that my little one is DNA sexed male!! This is great news for me since I believe Rebel to be female. My only problem... i need a name. It's a green black masked lovebird and he's very energetic. you can see pictures of him here http://www.thefeatheredcoop.com/tfc_051.htm

Christine9
09-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Congrats on your boy! Sorry, not good on names, but I am sure someone else will have some good suggestions! :D

Venoma
09-02-2006, 01:59 AM
How about Mad Max? I think he and Rebel would be perfectly matched ;)

Cathy
09-02-2006, 06:17 AM
I looked up a couple of names from this site

http://www.namesite.com/search.php?gender=m&search=meaning&searchbox=energetic,%20capable

Name Pronounciation Meaning Origin Country Region Gender
Hodari HOH-duh-ree energetic, capable
Jenebi JEH-neh-bee affectionate
Chitundu chee-TOON-doo birds' nest Mwera Kenya East Africa M
Kanoni kah-NOH-nee little bird Ulaya Tanzania East Africa F
Kinda keen-DAH young bird, chick, young and beautiful, Swahili Kenya-Tanzania East Africa M
Ndege n-deh-GEH bird Swahili Kenya-Tanzania East Africa F
Nyuni NYU-nee bird

I teach social studies, so when I got my lovebird last month I wanted to give her an African name and I named her Kanoni

Tango's_Mom
09-02-2006, 06:46 AM
What about Riot, I think it's a good boys name, and Rebel and Riot work so nicely together

chris_lynn
09-02-2006, 11:39 AM
oh he is soooo cute

rigidneophyte
09-04-2006, 01:15 AM
the most recent picture is amazing, it really gives you a look at his personality
My sister wants me to name him Taco
But i'm also thinking of Nitro, Ricochet, Spaz, or Puck

TammyG
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Fonzie lol
Zeek
Zeekie
Tiki
Manu = Bird in Hawaiian

Christine9
09-04-2006, 03:20 PM
What about Riot, I think it's a good boys name, and Rebel and Riot work so nicely together

I agree- that would be so cute. Rebel & Riot! :rofl:

LauraO
09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Your new baby is too cute:D . I like the name Riot best and it does go with Rebel.

Cathy
09-04-2006, 09:35 PM
how about Yank or Yankee? Zorro?

rigidneophyte
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
No offense, but i don't really see him as a Riot, he's energetic and curious it seems... not funny, at least i don't see it. and I wanna stay away from R names, just incase they don't get along.

Eliza
09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I looked up a couple of names from this site

http://www.namesite.com/search.php?gender=m&search=meaning&searchbox=energetic,%20capable

Name Pronounciation Meaning Origin Country Region Gender
Nyuni NYU-nee bird

I teach social studies, so when I got my lovebird last month I wanted to give her an African name and I named her Kanoni

Oh, I like Nyuni! It reminds me of that silly SNL sketch w/ Fred Armisan and Maya Rudolph... But seriously: it's a lovely name and one that I may file away for future reference :whistle:

I also like this site for names: www.behindthename.com.

Sometimes a name just comes to you, though. When I first decided that I wanted a bird I had every intention of bringing home a parrotlet and I would name him/her Sprout. Then I decided that I wanted a lovebird... and I thought that I'd use that name. Well, I went to visit Beetle at the breeder, fell in love with his little green self and somehow, on the drive home, Beetle just popped in my head.

Keep us posted -- I'm sure that you'll come up with the perfect name!

-e-

Susan27
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Whatta cute baby, he's getting cuter every pic.

I am TERRIBLE with names, and I think I will soon be banned from naming anymore pets.

With that said, I like Nitro or Spaz. Nyuni is good too...but I vote for Spaz!!

Susan

chris_lynn
09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
i like puck somthin about his adorable little beack just maid me think of puck

rigidneophyte
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
im stuck between puck and spaz. which do you prefer?

snowboardmandy
09-07-2006, 12:43 AM
definitely puck. ever read a midsummer night's dream? puck is the ultimate, mischevious, loveable character.... :)

Susan27
09-07-2006, 01:44 AM
I like Puck from Shakespeare too...but I still vote for SPAZ!!!

If you name him Spaz he may resemble that name.....then again Puck was mischievous...humm...I think you are setting yourself up for a CRAZY BIRDIE...lol but that's the fun of it right!!!???

Susan

rigidneophyte
09-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I guess I'll go with puck... i mean puck is very mischevious and kind of a trickster, spaz would be more uncordinated.

Puck it is.

Christine9
09-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I love Puck! (I'm a huge Shakespeare fan.) Nice choice. ;)