PDA

View Full Version : Currently Active Users Question?

Susan27
09-09-2006, 02:40 AM
I was looking at currently active users, because I am always curious as to where everyone is, gives me ideas on what to read, or I like to see pics of everyone's lovebirds. Anyway I noticed a member who I have never encountered so I decided to look and see what type of lovie they had etc..it said that they had 81 posts, but I wasn't able to access any of them. Is this an option, that we can hide our posts or started threads, or is this something completely different?

A very nosy,
Susan

bellarains
09-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Susan,

It may be that they were a member here, and decided to leave the group, or it may be that they have been purged. Some members come, stick around for a short while, and then never return. It could also be that the member exhibited unacceptable board behavior, and was denied future access. At that time, the thread may be locked, and made inaccessible to avoid any further uproar.

We are a board dedicated to the best care of birds, and sometimes people do disagree, but we will not tolerate those who try and upset the peaceful family we have here. There are some who come to try and do just that, and we just don't need that here. We understand that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree, but it will not be allowed to be aired on the board.

Hope that helps explain. Linda who knows the in's and out's of this boards program can probably answer better, but this is the jest of it:)

Janie
09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Susan, sometimes posts are blocked by the administrators because of the content. For instance, if someone continues to offer advice that is dangerous to the health/safety of a lovebird, there are concerns that new members who are first time pet bird owners might read it and follow it and end up with a dead bird.

I just saw that Lori answered above me......yep, good reply! :D

Asue
09-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm one of those "guilty" of posting every now and again... >o

bellarains
09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Amanda,

I'd have to confirm with Linda, but I don't think she purges anyone unless they have not been around for more than a year or so. It is mostly those who register, never post, or post once, never to return.

You're safe sweety:) Although, we would like to see more of you:)

linda040899
09-09-2006, 12:15 PM
The only accounts I ever purge are those who register but don't bother to activate their accounts or those who registered but are inactive for a year. The number that interests me is the number of active members.

Susan27
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Look what my needing to see Lovie pictures has started;) :lol

Thanks for the clear up all,
Susan

Susan27
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow running a forum seems like a big responsibility. Great job you guys!;) ;)