PDA

View Full Version : Ditto is actually starting to act like a parrot!

Z28Taxman
09-09-2006, 05:25 PM
He's got a manzanita branch in his cage that's been there for almost 3 years. For the first time since it's been in there he's chewing the bark off it. :eek:

I think he's starting to realize that parrots are supposed to chew thing. :rofl:

linda040899
09-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Uh oh, Dave!
Sounds like you're in trouble now! Better hope that manzanita is the only thing he thinks he can chew......... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Janie
09-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Dave, it always surprises and amazes me when Oliver does something "lovebird" like! Today he climbed up one of the leather strips, all the way to the ceiling. I was stunned! :D I didn't know how lovebirds were supposed to act till I got those two buggers, Big Boi and Shy. :lol

Isn't it fun to watch them do something totally unexpected and new? :happy:

Z28Taxman
09-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Uh oh, Dave!
Sounds like you're in trouble now! Better hope that manzanita is the only thing he thinks he can chew......... :eek: :eek: :eek:

You mean like shirts and buttons? He's always done that. :rofl: And if I didn't put my remotes on the table button side down they wouldn't have any. :rofl:

He does have plenty of chewables outside the cage. I just got a new toy that has his favorite sticks on it and a box of 200 of those same sticks (wooden ice cream spoons).

Of course now he'll decide he has a taste for window sills and I'm in big trouble. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave, it always surprises and amazes me when Oliver does something "lovebird" like! Today he climbed up one of the leather strips, all the way to the ceiling. I was stunned

Ditto loves to climb. Even though he's been fully flighted for 2 years now, he'd rather climb to where he's going than fly.:cool:

Christine9
09-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Uh oh...you better watch out- first it's the manzanita branch...next he'll move on to your furniture. :D

Edit: So he's already discovered shirts, huh?! I can't tell you how many shirts I own that have little lovie-chewed holes in them. :mad:

butterfly1061
09-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Ever since Molly befriended Piper, all I'm good for is to hold a paper towel to do swishy-swishy :rolleyes: My "darling" is now a full fledge parrot too :(

Z28Taxman
09-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Uh oh...you better watch out- first it's the manzanita branch...next he'll move on to your furniture. :D

Edit: So he's already discovered shirts, huh?! I can't tell you how many shirts I own that have little lovie-chewed holes in them. :mad:

Ditto discovered shirds 2 and a half years ago. My "Ditto shirt" is now more hole than shirt. :rofl:

When he's out of the cage he's too busy snuggling in my hand and rubbing his head in my face to chew on furniture. :cool:

BarbieH
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow Dave, manzanita is a very strong wood! You really better watch out for your furniture! :eek:

Z28Taxman
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Wow Dave, manzanita is a very strong wood! You really better watch out for your furniture! :eek:

Well if he actually manages to chew the wood I'll be worried. Right now he's just stripping off chunks of bark. That branch has been in there for over 2 years and has been scrubbed at least weekly so the bark is easy to remove now. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Susan27
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
It amazes me when lovies act like birds. I always tell my roommate, mother and friends that "birds are people too"!

At least I am not dressing them up in clothes.

Go CHOMP that manzanita branch Ditto, you da bird!!!:rofl: