PDA

View Full Version : having trouble accessing the site

snowboardmandy
09-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi guys,

Not sure who the "tech guru" is in the bunch, or I would have PMed them....

I've been having trouble the last week or so accessing the site. I will get the blank page saying "this site is temporarily unavailable..." for HOURS at a time before I can get in. The first time it happened by the time I logged in the new parrot forums were there for the first time...I thought the site was down in order to make that happen. However, the MANY times this has happened since then, I know other people can still access the site because the "new posts" link is full of new posts when I click on it. It happens with both my work and home computer.

Just a heads up I guess...I would hate for someone in an emergency situation not be able to get the help they need!!

snowboardmandy
09-14-2006, 04:56 PM
still having trouble...

it's 1:55 pm and this is the first time i've been able to log on today. i've been trying since 8:00 am....

linda040899
09-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Mandy,
I know our host has been having a few problems lately so it might be related to that. Next time you have a problem and you get a screen with a message, could you either forward it to me or do a print screen so that I can see what you are seeing? I haven't gotten any database error messages so I'm not quite sure what to say. We will get to the bottom of it.

Are you accessing the site through a bookmark or getting here through my main site?

snowboardmandy
09-14-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm typing the http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/ each time. I've also tried googling and then clicking on the link, but that won't work either. The error says "Site temporarily unavailable..." I will email it to you next time i see it if you PM your e-mail address to me! When this happens, I can't get to the http://www.lovebirdsplus.com site either.

Thanks!!

shylevon
09-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I get the same thing, but when I hit the 'back' button and try again right away, it lets me on.

Weird. And I am using that word as a technical term...WEIRD.