PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the doghouse now

Kathryn
09-15-2006, 08:25 PM
There is so much bird calling, squacking, chatter that my hubby can't sit on the deck outside the bird room and enjoy the sunset.:evil::whistle:

First off, today was wing clip and toenail manicure day. I also decided to take the DNA samples today on the last birds to be tested.:x :roll: :cry: ;)

And it was time to bring the aviary cage inside for the winter.
I also set up a new cage (30 x 33 x 18"). So lots of cleaning and toy exchange, new cuttlebone, and rearrangements.

And, Mollie and her baby Lovie Dovie better known as LD (that she had claimed as a mate) have been really fussy with each other lately. I chose to split them up. I didn't really want mom and son to breed and now LD gets a DNA test to make sure he is a male since her three eggs were duds.

And Sophia and Ponti have been really cross with each other this week too. Sophia actually nipped Ponti's foot and drew blood...so I separated them too.

And the new birdies in quarantine could be integrated into the same room in their cages. The bird room is getting full.

Over the week of introductions, Snuggles (new Seagreen Pied whose mom was a WF Cobalt)) has bonded with Midnight (Cobalt AquaTurquoise SF Violet)..gacks for her and preens the dickins out of her neck. Not the best color pairing in my view..so they went into different cages. DNA test on both of them too.

NOW Snuggles doesn't want to be with any other bird and is letting me know!
LD is upset and screaming. Mollie is the settled matron, relieved to be in her own cage for now.
Ponti is screeching for Sophia and she has already feathered up to the new whiteface.
Cutie and Sucre are checking out the new birds and Naranjo wants so bad to be in a cage with someone to play with, the chatter is non-stop. Wing is in a cage with Ponti and he is to lovesick for Sophia to notice her. So she is sulking on the swing.
I put Sunshine and her sister in separate cages too because they are getting old enough to select a mate. They are a year old Thanksgiving. Now the little cocks are strutting their feathers out, stretching their wings and spreading their tails.
The rest of the flock is gossiping back and forth about the Peytonbird Place goings on.

It's music to my ears...but not hubby's.:evil: :happy: :evil: :happy: :lol

linda040899
09-15-2006, 10:07 PM
It's music to my ears...but not hubby's.
May I suggest offering a set of ear plugs????????? :rofl:He'll get over it! There are a lot worse things that you could be getting into, that's for sure. :evil:

Christine9
09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
There are a lot worse things that you could be getting into, that's for sure. :evil:

Sure there is- macaws, for one. I once walked into a bird room that had about 5 or 6 macaws that were all screaming at the top of the lungs. :eek: He should be thankful you only have little lovies! :p

Z28Taxman
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Sure there is- macaws, for one. I once walked into a bird room that had about 5 or 6 macaws that were all screaming at the top of the lungs. :eek: He should be thankful you only have little lovies! :p

I was gonna say Macaws. :rofl:

BarbieH
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
The rest of the flock is gossiping back and forth about the Peytonbird Place goings on.

Maybe dh needs to be filled on as to the story line. "Dear, think of it as an avian Greek chorus." :D

Kathryn
09-16-2006, 12:46 PM
:evil::whistle: :evil: He just rolled his eyes when I mentioned a flock of Macaws:evil: :whistle:

butterfly1061
09-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Kathryn,

You can send him here to watch Bosco, the screaming macaw, for the next 6 weeks. He'll love the sound of lovebrids after that :D

Z28Taxman
09-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Kathryn,

You can send him here to watch Bosco, the screaming macaw, for the next 6 weeks. He'll love the sound of lovebrids after that :D

Or just talk to Linda on the phone. He'll be thankful for the lovies. :rofl: