PDA

View Full Version : Hubby Needs Help With Name

bellarains
09-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi All,

I have posted that I want my DH to name my new little GCC. He is DNA'd male, and he was hatched on the 4th of July. I have been calling him Little Man, but really want something a little more original. Hubby thinks it needs to be something related to the 4th holiday, but can't come up with a good name. He said, "Let the people on the board give us some suggestions", so, I'm asking. Ya'll give me some ideas, and I'm going to let him pick:)

P.S. I already said "Firecracker", and he just rolled his eyes:rolleyes:

Christine9
09-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Hmm...not good with names but how about Freedom? :D

Janie
09-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Lori, I'd roll my eyes over that one, too! "Cracker" works for me but FIRECRACKER????? No. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Boggie or BooBoo and that is all she wrote from me! I do love Little Man, too, and think I told you that my b-i-l named two of his dogs Little Man.

Have you heard Tim use any "pet" names when talking to him (I realize that men don't do that quite as much as WE do!). I think we all have at least 3 or 4 pet names per bird and if he finds one that he likes, go for it! I call Big Boi "Biggie" nearly all the time and Shy is always "Shy Boy" or "Shi$ A$$" depending on his behavior that day and Oliver is my "Baby Boy" or "Giggle Bug" so I'm sure they remained confused most of the time! :D

Whatever....he'll always be "BooBoo" to Auntie Janie! ;)

Z28Taxman
09-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Lori, I'd roll my eyes over that one, too! "Cracker" works for me but FIRECRACKER????? No. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Boggie or BooBoo and that is all she wrote from me! I do love Little Man, too, and think I told you that my b-i-l named two of his dogs Little Man.

Have you heard Tim use any "pet" names when talking to him (I realize that men don't do that quite as much as WE do!). I think we all have at least 3 or 4 pet names per bird and if he finds one that he likes, go for it! I call Big Boi "Biggie" nearly all the time and Shy is always "Shy Boy" or "Shi$ A$$" depending on his behavior that day and Oliver is my "Baby Boy" or "Giggle Bug" so I'm sure they remained confused most of the time! :D

Whatever....he'll always be "BooBoo" to Auntie Janie! ;)

Ditto is either Yella Fella or squeaky beak!:cool:

None of those fit a GCC though. :lol

butterfly1061
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
What? Tim didn't name that cute baby "Bird"? :lol I figured with the cats' names...:rolleyes:

I agree with Janie about the nicknames. I call Molly "SweetPea", "Babyboy" & "Sunshine". Piper is StinkerWinker or Piperbaby. Daisy is PrettyGirl, LittleGirl or Sweetie. Olivia, well, Olivia is MeanGirl or MyGirl.

Hmmm...I'm not too good with name, hence the nicknames >o , but I'll think about it.

Z28Taxman
09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I still vote to name it Mine! :whistle:

Janie
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I still vote to name it Mine! :whistle:

Thems fighting words, Dave! Get in line and you are definitely behind moi! :p

Rikki
09-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Indy? short for Independence? :D

Eliza
09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Indy? short for Independence? :D

Oh, I like that :D

I thought that Firecracker was kind of cute, especially knowing GCC personalities :rofl:

Hmmm... Liberty (might be too feminine)? What about just July?

-e-

Buy A Paper Doll
09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
He probably won't like Doodle. "I'm a yankee doodle dandy..."

Or you could go with Sam, as in Uncle Sam.

Kathryn
09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
July 4 huh. We had a calf born on the 4th last year and named her Freedom.
How about
Sparky...short for sparklers
Liberty
Popper
Reb ...short for rebellion
Revelry
RWB Red, White, Blue
I liked Crackers
Indy was cute.

Hope you find a name soon.

Keltoth
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Barby ...short for BBQ.

I KID! I KID! :rofl:

Cathy
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
How about Banner as in "Star Spangled..."
Spangle
Wave
Star as in "Stars and Stripes"

bird_luver24
09-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Benjamin Franklin (Ben)...I like the name ben! :)
I also liked the named Indy To!!! :)

kimsbirds
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Fritz :)

bellarains
09-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Kimmie,

Where did you get Fritz???? I can't recall a patriot named Fritz:lol

chris_lynn
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
this isnt 4th or july related but here gose fezzic or beaker or fezzini (only if he is a italian boy though!) or i like this one cause its short MORT !!!!! pick your poisen

Janie
09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Lori, I have a friend who has a llama named Patriot and is called "Pate" for short. That's about all I got in the way of patriotic names! :D

How is little Boo doing today? ;) My new BirdTalk came today and there is a normal GCC and a Cinammon GCC on the cover! Are they after me or what? :whistle:

bellarains
09-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Janie,

I like Patriot, and Pate is sooooo close to Peyton(whom we love), but hubby has decided on Doodle Dan, short for Doodle Dandy of course. He first said Dandy, but I thought that sounded too prissy:rolleyes:

Sooooooo, Doodle Dan it is:)

snowboardmandy
09-21-2006, 06:42 PM
sounds like a good fit!!!!

soooo lori, when do we get pics????? i can't wait!!

Janie
09-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Doodle Dan????? So you're telling me you are going to call little Boo, Doodle Dan? It will be Doodle (which is cute) in a day or two. Maybe Dan which I can deal with but Doodle Dan is tooooo long a name for that itty bitty boy! :D

P.S.....Give BooBoo a kissy for me! ;)

bellarains
09-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Mandy,

There is one on the first page of this post, but I have to get new batteries from my camera before I can take pics. Maybe I'll remember this weekend. I seem to have memory lapses in my old age:rolleyes: