PDA

View Full Version : missing leg band!

chris_lynn
10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok so lately i was getting worried because bebo had been chewing on his leg band. One day when i got out of bed and uncovered him i thaught something about him looked different. I ignored it though cause i really had to go to the bathroom. When i got back i suddenly realized what was different. His leg band was gone! i looked for it on the bottem of his cage but i couldnt find it at all! how did he get it off?! *scary music*

Janie
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Was it an open band? Otherwise, it must have been too big if he was able to slip it off. I'd just do a good check around his cage and the room where he stays to be sure he doesn't find it and try to eat it. I had the leg bands removed from my last two. Couldn't think of a single reason to keep them on my birds since I knew their breeder and hatch dates.

chris_lynn
10-09-2006, 12:42 PM
o i did look i couldnt find it any where. it was open but by a extremely small amount

linda040899
10-09-2006, 01:23 PM
The leg band sounds like an open band and a poorly fitting one, at that! It's not hard to remove an oversized band so that's probably what happened. When I band babies, sometimes the foot is too small and the band slips right back off. Once it gets into the bedding, my retrieval rate is not so good. I doubt that he swallowed it, but an x-ray can be taken to check it out if you feel it's necessary. Some bands are made from stainless steel, which would do no harm if swallowed, but not all of them are made from the same material.

chris_lynn
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
o ok! thanks i think my mom would go berzerk if i suggested getting bebo xrayed though