PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarianism is hard... (not lovie related, not really)

Kumashe
10-11-2006, 09:05 PM

Starz
10-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Very interesting experiment...I know I couldn't have done it! :lol One thing...you didn't say whether you were going back to meat or not. Inquiring minds want to know...(do we have a nosy smiley? hehe)

Kumashe
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I broke my fast a couple days ago... >o I know can hold out for a while, but not forever. At least not now, its too painful.

linda040899
10-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I, too, have to admire your dedication and commitment to what you believe in. While this was a 30 day experiment, it took control to stay focused and on track. Kudos to your family for being supportive of your efforts.

I've always told my daughters that they can do anything they want to do as long as they are willing to make a commitment and do what it takes to achieve their goals. I see life as a hand of cards and it's your choice as to how you play that hand. While you can't change things that happen, it's what you do as a result. The road we travel may not be easy but the rewards will be satisfying when we reach our destination.

Berona
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Dude, way kudos to you and your family. i have to admire you, i lead pretty much an all meat diet. :rofl: That being said, GET SOME PROTIEN INTO YOUR BODY!!!lmao.^^ just kidding!^^;) :lol :whistle:

Christine9
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I know what you mean, it is hard. I didn't eat meat for 3 1/2 years (because I am an animal lover and hate the thought of killing them). Let me tell you, I lost a lot of weight during those years. It was hard particularly when eating at restaurants and at friends' houses. I gave it up, for many reasons, but sometimes I still want to go back to being a vegetarian. Even my son, at times, says he doesn't want to eat meat (he's an animal lover just like his mom, lol). I probably will go back, someday, but for now, I just eat chicken and fish.

I'm glad you found this as a learning experience, and I applaud you for following through with it!

Buy A Paper Doll
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I am impressed; I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to food and believe me, it shows.

Have you noticed any health benefits of going off meat products for a month? Did you feel any better? I am curious as my doctor has been all over me about weight, cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, weight ... :roll:

bird_luver24
10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I only eat Chicken and Fish Like Christine. I can never keep any kind of Beef or Ham down. Every once in a while I might take a little bite of Steak but, that is ONLY IF there is A1 sauce on it!
LOTS OF KUDOS TO YOU!!...for being able to hold out that long. and Its Great that your Family was there to help you along the way. I tried to atleast limit my intake of Bread and this never ended up working. My father stopped eating bread period for 1week and instead of eating a sandwich he would just eat the meat. He lost 10lbs in one week. He took 30-45minute walks a day and he felt so Much better and Looked So Much Better to!

Chicken is a Favorite of Mine and I have Thought about stopping eating meat period because I am also a BIG animal lover and I have actually looked into it. But, all the things that you have to do to keep your Body Properly Nourished because the lack of meat Nutrients seems rather hard and would require LOTS of Research and Im not sure that I could do it Properly. So, for now Im still an Omnivore! :)

chris_lynn
10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
my mom was a full time vegitarian untill she was diagnesed whith this wierd disease thing where she cant eat anything two days in a row or she develops a allergy to it she cant even it flour or even the same kind of oil two days in a row!!!!! so no resterants for her. so now she has to eat meat or else she have only yucky foods like pizza with NO seasoning at all! :(