PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird song?

zlatushka
10-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I've been hearing some new sounds from my lovies, especially today. It sounds like a real birdsong, not like their regular chirps. It's kind of a warbling, quietish, usually lasts a bit. They have been doing it alot today, although they often stop when I come into the room.

Anyone else heard this and/or know what it means in lovebirdese?

Z28Taxman
10-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Hopefully your birds can sing better than Ditto does. He's tried robin and cardinal songs. It was the most godawefull sound I've everh heard him make. Sounded more like someone stepped on him. :rofl:

bird_luver24
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
LOL!!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Purpose By Design
10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
ha ha thats funny:lol

zlatushka
10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
LOL Dave

Actually it is really pretty, hence my surprise... Usually if they're trying to imitate an outside bird it does sound...um...less pleasing to the ear, if you will;)

Maybe I'll see if they'll start doing it again today and I can record them surrepticiously from the other room.

Keltoth
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Is the warbling an easy-going sing-song that they do when they settle in to rest, like after their mid-day meal/mid-day busy activity time and/or as the afternoon light is fading to evening? My flock here at home does this every day, and sometimes it can last a couple hours. If it is something new, it might be this same mid-day happy talk that Sonnet has taught to Friday, which she had learned from her old flock before going home with you.

I actually like it when my flock does it; it lets me know they are happy and content. :)

- Eric

zlatushka
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
yep! That must be it... good job to Sonnet :)