PDA

View Full Version : Two little lovebirds sitting in a...

zlatushka
10-21-2006, 11:30 PM
cage!

That's right folks... Sonnet has moved in. After some coaxing/luring/seduction/promise-of-preening and seeing the great broccoli he had in there, she followed him in and made herself at home. I let them hang out in there for a couple of hours with the front of the cage still open, in case a hasty removal or retreat were necessary, but they seemed to get along great. So I went ahead and closed them in, and they still continued to preen and chirp and cuddle and take turns ringing the bells. When it came time to cover them up, they'd happily settled into separate cozies (Friday the spoiled lovie has two in his cage) and were beak grinding and chirriping back and forth. So, I just covered them up and let them be. All's still quiet there, so we may have made the move smoothly:happy: I had planned on getting a significantly larger cage for them to cohabitate in and move them both into it at the same time (thereby avoiding the whole prior territory issue). Maybe I can put off that purchase till further along... Christmas present? ;)

bird_luver24
10-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Thats Wonderful News Rachel. Im glad to hear that the transition went smoothly. I hope it continues to go that way to :D

bellarains
10-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Rachel,

That indeed was a match made in heaven. Sounds like Friday and Sonnet were just meant to be:)

Hey, a new cage sounds like a great Christmas present. Only us bird nuts would think so though:lol

zlatushka
10-22-2006, 09:05 AM
mini-update....

They're up and happy this morning. When they were chirping to get uncovered I discovered them both:omg: in the pavilion! Looks like they spent a cozy night:rofl:

butterfly1061
10-22-2006, 09:32 AM
WooHoo! Friday has a girlfriend :D and she's moved in ;) Rachel, I'm so glad that everything worked out between them.

Janie
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Sweet!!!! So glad to hear that their first night together was one of bliss! :D

Buy A Paper Doll
10-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Aw, I'm so happy to hear that Friday and Sonnet are shackin' up. :happy:

DebSpace
10-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Ah, lovebird love...sharing a warm n fuzzy cozy together on their first night. How romantic! ;) Great news and I'm happy for all of you. Hope it continues to go well.