PDA

View Full Version : small achievements

emmab
10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
so my lovies are almost wild, won't come anywhere near us and act like we're going to eat them up! :roll:
We let them out daily and they have a routine for getting back in their cage which includes the final 'step' of sitting on a perch outside their door and then finally going in.
So yesterday, i decided to go and see them and VERY slowly, got about a foot away from them without them legging it :happy:

Very small achievement but the closest we've ever met! :D

butterfly1061
10-26-2006, 08:36 AM
WooHoo! Good progress. Keep taking it slow and you may eventually have velcro birdies. Although, be careful what you wish for... :lol

quarterstitch
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Jackie is right! But, I love my little velcro bird :)

sdgilley
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Great progress! and good for you to take it slow, that'll help them trust you.

I have 3 lovies, and 2 of them are not what you would really consider tame. I've had them for over 3 years, and I've really learned to appreciate them for themselves and their great personalities. These 2 will probably never be cuddly, but I have fun with them anyway. They entertain me and I love them.

You're really smart to be slow and consistant. They are smart little parrots and will learn all sorts of things. Mine fly, and know the command "cage" and "go inside".

Janie
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, great progress and "slow and consistent" is definitely the best way! :D