PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is wrong with you people?????

p3rr4n
10-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Why didnt you wish each other a (drum roll please):

HAPPY HALOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kathryn
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I've been too occupied playing a Halloween bowling game I got in an email. It wouldn't post here.
but you might type in the internet address and see if you can get it to play.

Happy Halloween Yall!
www.club300.ru/public/content/media/humor/cat_new/cat_new.swf

Or try this one instead:
http://www.dedge.com/flash/hangman/hangman.swf

DebSpace
10-31-2006, 10:33 PM
:p The Okie's are with the program now. And while we're inserting links, here is one someone sent to me today. You need the volume with it and it probably is best appreciated by those of us in the post-menopausal phase of life. :lol Enjoy! I'm going to check out Kathryn's site now!

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/12495/granny_halloween.swf

Hey, Kathryn's first link didn't work for me, but the second one is G-R-E-A-T! What a hoot!

linda040899
11-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Tell me about that Halloween Bowling game! It arrived in my inbox about a week ago! Should have deleted it when I first saw it but decided to leave the task until the next day...... Foolish move on my part! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, Happy Halloween!

bellarains
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Perran,

I guess Halloween is just not as exciting as it used to be. My baby is all grown up, and it appears all the kids in my neighborhood are also. The last couple of years my hubby has made out like a big dog with the candy, as we only have a handful of trickertreaters. Either that, or the world has gotten so bad, people are just too afraid to take their kids out.

Sorry, I'm a downer on this. It just doesn't seem to be the fun it used to be. I remember when I was a kid, you went out, filled up your bag, dumped it in the floorboard of the car, and went back for more. There were kids dressed up to the max, and nowdays, it seems kids barely dress up, or sometimes not at all. It's ashame, as this was one of my fondest memories from my childhood. Now, some sick people have ruined it all for todays children>:

OK, HAPPY HOLLOWEENanyway.

Janie
11-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Yep, I got that bowling game, too! :eek: It is one of the few games I've gotten that sucked me right in! I think I might get back into bowling! :D Thanks, Barbie! ;)

butterfly1061
11-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Yep, been playing that cat bowling game for a few weeks now. I had quite a few kids at my door for Halloween. I almost ran out of candy. I love decorating and seeing the little costumes. Most of the kids who show up at my door are really polite.

BarbieH
11-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh, the bowling game is bad. :evil: But Cubis is worse! :eek: :eek: :eek:

We don't pass out candy in our neighborhood. Our house is in the middle of the block, and nobody around us puts their lights on. We don't want kids walking down our dark street just to get to one house.

I used to love trick or treating! There are still neighborhoods with lots of little kids, where it's like one big block party. It's not this neighborhood, but there are still some. I think a lot of kids also go to school-sponsored Halloween parties, too.

butterfly1061
11-01-2006, 08:49 AM
All of the church's in our area do "Trunk-or-Treat". We also have a chain grocery store who does stuff on Halloween night. I don't have nearly the amount of kids like when I was young. Too bad people have to afraid.

BarbieH
11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Let's face it, fellow Boomers: There just aren't as many kids as there were when we were growing up!

Janie
11-01-2006, 09:11 AM
We live on a hill....just enough of a hill to stop some kids from making the climb so I used to end up with 3 or 4 unopened bags of candy. I found out that Publix grocery store will take it back!!!!!!! :D

Our older dogs goes nuts over the doorbell so for the last two years we've put the candy out on a table with a sign that says TAKE ONE, ONLY ONE and believe it or not, most of the kids only take one! Not the older boys of course, but for the most part, they're very polite. I do go out when I see a group of younger kids in their costumes. They are so cute! The ones who come around at the end of the evening get everything I have left, 5 to 10 pieces each! :D

Barb, I should not ask this but what is Cubis? Something that will keep me from getting anything done around the house? :lol

BarbieH
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh, Cubis is a Yahoo game, and yes, it's a real time waster -- and very addictive. I don't know if you can play it on your Mac, Janie.

sdgilley
11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
I live in a neighborhood that has a bunch of little kids. We had more trick-or-treaters than ever this year. I bought loads of chocolate. :)

My church is hosting a "Cookies with Santa" for fun & pictures this year. They got smart and copied little invitations on orange paper. So I gave the parents the invitation to bring their kids out for Santa this year. The kids got the chocolate!

I can't believe how close Thanksgiving is! :eek: :eek:

DebSpace
11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
We only had 10 kids trick or treat - bummer! Will someone email that darn cat bowling game to me? Now that Halloween is over, I'm seeing commercials for the holidays. :eek: :eek: :eek: