PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh ...

BarbieH
06-10-2005, 08:46 AM
... I think Didjit may be a boy after all. He was sitting on one of Tim's bird homes and was getting all clicky. :eek:

bellarains
06-10-2005, 09:33 AM
LOL,

Maybe I need to get one of those bird homes ;)

BarbieH
06-10-2005, 09:44 AM
:D My birds seem to know what they are for. ;)

mjm8321
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, maybe one of Betty and Boscoe's chicks will be a hen....just for Didjit! :D ;)

BarbieH
06-10-2005, 08:05 PM
We need at least one more hen around here, preferably more. :D If Didjit is truly a little dude, that means the guys are ahead 4-2.

Keltoth
06-10-2005, 08:12 PM
We need at least one more hen around here, preferably more. :D If Didjit is truly a little dude, that means the guys are ahead 4-2.

My males were ahead 6-3 within my flock at one point, before I got Valencia and sent Shadow to live at Ken's house with Ryu. This morning they were only ahead 5-4, and with my aquisition that I just got this afternoon, it is either going to be 5-5 or 6-4... :D

...either way, that is how it is staying until I get some chicks. I'm tired of being the Dark Side's playtoy, dagnabit! :eek:

sdgilley
06-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh my! How does Gracie feel about this boy:girl ratio? So you gonna DNA sex ol' Digit? :)

BarbieH
06-10-2005, 08:22 PM
I could still DNA sex Didjit ... I've still got his/her eggshell in the freezer. :D Something inside me, though, feels that it doesn't much matter right now. I would love for Didj to live with Sam, and whether Didjit is male or female it doesn't matter. They are still just visiting each other, though. They don't play together yet -- Sammy runs away. :eek:

Tim thought he saw Didjit trying to feed Gracie today. She looooves all the attention from her little feathered slaves.

The power of the dark side is strong, and I am deep within its clutches ...

Mummieeva
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
If I count all my pets and family our boy- girl ratio is 12-4( did not count new bird). I need some hens..lol(to bad i did not get husband to bird show few weeks ago or I could of added some)

Steph

sdgilley
06-10-2005, 10:35 PM
:D Barb, I haven't DNA sexed Peepo, just ASSUMING Peep's a hen. I think it would be great if Digit and Sammy become great friends. I'm not surprised Queen Grace has EVERYBODY feeding her. I'm just surprised she doesn't have Betty & Boscoe in line to serve! :)

kimsbirds
06-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Did someone say they need purty girls? I got 3 available, 2 creamies and 1 olive green :)
COME AND GET "EM!!!!

LauraO
06-10-2005, 11:20 PM

Gracie's quite a woman she should count for more than one :D.

shylevon
06-11-2005, 12:25 AM
4-2??? That ain't so bad.

I'm waiting to see if I am batting 0 for 5. All gals as you all know.

kimsbirds
06-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey shy,
I got a few willing males here ya know. All perky n stuff eh?
So, howzabout we just meet halfway and have some birdie-rompin in the back of my van? It'll be perfectly legal, no money exchanged or anything...just some feathers flyin and a bit o' rockin of the vehicle.
Whaddya say? Your girls, my boys....they'd make beeeeeeeeautiful lovies together !!!
Kimmie goin to bed cuz I'm up way too late

shylevon
06-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Sounds good Kimmie.

We could meet up where?? Say the far side of Saskatchewan??

Rockin' in Regina???

BarbieH
06-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm just surprised she doesn't have Betty & Boscoe in line to serve!

Oh, there's bad feelings between Gracie and Betty right now. Every time Gracie is carried past the B&B cage, Gracie goes there and tries to invade. If she ever got in, she and Betty would be fighting and probably to the death. Yesterday Betty came out of her nestbox and told Gracie to bring it on!! Good thing there were cage bars between them.

Gracie has been clipped recently, but I think we need to take a couple more feathers off each side. Anyway, she can jump from my shoulder to the B&B cage as we walk by. If I keep turning myself in circles, though, Gracie gets confused ... it's quite a sight.

She is quite a woman, probably counts for two or more hens, but Betty really gave her a setting down yesterday! :D And Betty now seems to trust me more because I take Gracie away as quick as I can.

Keltoth
06-11-2005, 09:32 AM
So ...uh, Barb; got any recent pictures of Didjit? Do ya, do ya, huh huh huh? *twitches involuntary*

BarbieH
06-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I'll try to get some out there this weekend. That's right, you've got Didjit's little doppleganger over in your house. :) We're sitting tight waiting for Betty's first eggie to hatch this weekend.