PDA

View Full Version : My Flock is now COMPLETE!!!

Susan27
11-03-2006, 02:44 AM
With one little hitch....instead of the 8 I said would be the limit, it ended up being 9! I guess I now will have 4 pairs and a single....

One of my lovie providers breeders has recently downsized due to a move. She was letting go of, what I thought was just some older birds. When I got the call tonight and went to pickup my OLDER MALE...he was actually bonded with a female. Apparently this batch of to-be-rehomed lovies were her pairs who never bred. So once again sucker me thought it would be cruel to separate these 1 1/2 year olds from each other...and there was no way I wasn't coming home with my final lovie(s). I named them pretty fast for me...within 3 hrs SAMSON AND DELILAH.

I only took one picture of these two as they did quite a bit of travelling today and probably are scared little babies.

I also have put in the pictures of my other newbie who I have named Dayzee (pronounced Daisy..but just in case of her being a boy...fingers crossed...change the spelling a bit:whistle: ). She is the one I originally thought was an orange face....but who knows (no papers this time). I found out she is from the same breeder as Chubby and Checkers, which makes me happy. I think she has one dark factor and probably a violet factor that isn't visable.

Anyway...here are some pictures. I will be taking more and posting soon.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2099927581

Janie
11-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Susan, there is no way I could break up a bonded pair and I think you did the right thing.....easy for me to say, right? :lol Seriously, what's one more? :whistle:

All three are very pretty! :)

sdgilley
11-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Cute birdies! I like the purple hair, too! :rofl:

Thanks for sharing!

BarbieH
11-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Cool pictures. :) I'm also glad you didn't split up the pair. They look so happy to be together!

Best wishes,

DebSpace
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Aw, heck, I'd do the same thing. They're cute as can be! Like that purple hair, Susan, it was...."far out and groovy." (Oops, showing my age, there.):lol

kk and tango
11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for posting all the great pictures. The pair is so cute together and little Dayzee looks like quite the character. Love the Halloween costume!

butterfly1061
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Susan, You got yourself a very pretty pair! Normal and Lutino (looks like) are so gorgeous together. Shows off each others coloring.

Hey, nothing wrong with the Hippie thing. Back in the 60's & 70's, I could sit on my hair it was so long and it's naturally VERY straight. The look that the kids today want :rolleyes: I'm like you, I'm very close to my parents and I do alot with them. They are very active for retirement age. Heck, my mom will probably out live me :eek:

Z28Taxman
11-03-2006, 07:11 PM
. Back in the 60's & 70's, I could sit on my hair it was so long

You just described my hair as recently as 5 years ago! :eek: I probably looked more like a rock star than Perran! :whistle: :p

bellarains
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Susan,

I love Samson and Delilah. They are just gorgeous. That little Dayzee is adorable also. I will look forward to seeing her colors come in. Oh, and the chick in the last pic is "Far Out":lol

mandy
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
what mutation is dayzee?