PDA

View Full Version : Sonnet... or is she?

zlatushka
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, I suppose my first question should be: Why do the birds listen more to a 2-yr old, than to me?

Sonnet, as she has hereforto been know as, seems to prefer that her name be something else... namely (no pun intended ;)): "Baby"

I suppose that this is because that is what Eden calls her all the time. "HIII Baby!" "Fly, Baby" "Go home, Baby" "WOOWWW!! Baby!" At any rate, she responds, and comes to, "Baby". (I guess I should be glad Eden didn't keep calling her Flybaby or Fribaby like she did at the very first, or even something worse :rofl: )

So, I guess, she's renamed herself, or been renamed?:confused:

Janie
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Well Rachel, I gotta tell you that I love that name, "Baby!" :D

Keltoth
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
HA! I called her "Baby" before I named her "Cindy" - before YOU named her "Sonnet" (I call all the lovie chicks Baby, for lack of another name).

I prefer to think she is just responding to your charming daughter, but I might be to blame... :lol

bellarains
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
LOL Rachel,

I have to laugh, as I call all of mine Baby. Actually I always say "Hi Babies". They probably all think their name if Baby:lol

Kathryn
11-07-2006, 07:37 PM
And mine TOO.:lol

DebSpace
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes, I do it, too. For me it started with rescues; birds that I knew I would be releasing and didn't want to get attached to (HA! That's a kick, I'm the sap of the century>o ). Still...don't blame yourself or Eden...BLAME ERIC cuz it's just more fun! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

zlatushka
11-07-2006, 11:41 PM
AHA!!! I knew it!

This also further proves that my daughter is plotting with the birds behind my back. How else would she have known what the lovie was saying her name was? Makes me laugh now, all those times she'd come over to the cage or where I was holding the bird, and she'd say "HI BABY!!" and I'd say "No, this is Sonnet, honey" and she would say. "No. Baby." Didn't matter how many times I would tell her that the bird's name was Sonnet, she'd just reply. "No. Baby." LOL Too funny.

Elle
11-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Many many years ago we had a budgie that we name Sarah. She was a talking budgie. Every time we would say hello Sarah, she would answer "No! No! No! Hello Cocotte" ( French name pet name) so we had to rename her Cocotte.

I guesss if Sonnet could talk, she would correct you when you address her :lol

bird_luver24
11-10-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL!!!! :D....
Elle, that is hilarious that your Budgies said that lol :)