PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BEBO!!!!

chris_lynn
11-21-2006, 05:18 PM
ok so i havnt really started a thread in a long time since evertime i do bebo gets back to where he HATES my hands. so anyhoo Bebo has started to really love hangin out near me he greets me when i come home and when i come close to the cage to talk to him he hops forword and clings to the front of the cage!!! he has even given me a kissy 2 times :cool: but he still couldnt stand my hands!!!
well today i opened the door of his cage to fix one of his toys and he hopped forword and missed the door!!!!!! :omg: i luckily caught him and returned him inside. i talked as soothingly as i could to him with my voice cracking from how scared i got when he almost fell. then i decided that since he was being such a good boy that i would give him some millet i tried to break off a little bit but instead all the little clusters came off.:x so i picked up one and gave it to him and much to my surprise he took it from my fingers!!! i kept on giving him pieces untill after he ate one he put his beak on my finger!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: i think he wanted a beak rub but i didnt know how to give it to him since none of my other birds ever wanted them. how do ya do it??????

linda040899
11-21-2006, 05:56 PM
This is great news, Chris_Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust can be a long time in coming but it's fantastic when it finally arrives!!! Beak rubs??? Easy. The thumb goes on one side of the upper beak and the index finger goes on the other side. I kind of gently rub the beak and that's pretty much all there is to it. :)

I'm so very, very happy to read this update! You have no idea!!! :happy:

Kathryn
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
WOW and WONDERFUL You Go Chris_Lynn and BEBO!!

Janie
11-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I agree, it can be a long time coming but definitely worth the wait! :D So happy to hear that things are progressing so well with Bebo! I do beak rubs when mine are on my finger. I rub their head and beaks in the way Linda described and all three love it. :)

Congratulations! :D

DebSpace
11-21-2006, 07:46 PM
That is fantastic! Gives me hope for the future - I can imagine how excited you must be. Thanks for sharing it with us!:happy:

p3rr4n
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :) :) :) :) :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Eliza
11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Yay, Bebo!

What wonderful progress, Chris!

-e-

bellarains
11-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Ahhhhhh,

Isn't is just the most awesome feeling when all that patience and love pay off???? I know you were just sooooo excited. I am so happy that Bebo is showing signs of trust.

I always try to explain how the rub the beak, and also how to hold a bird. Rubbing the beak is like Linda said, but always remember to put your hand toward Bebo closed, and then slowly extend your thumb and forefinger as you get to the beak to rub. The extended fingers do freak some birds out, but the closed hand is not quiet so threatening to them.

I will look forward to the next update. Keep them coming, they really do give others hope:)

chris_lynn
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Ahhhhhh,

Isn't is just the most awesome feeling when all that patience and love pay off???? I know you were just sooooo excited. I am so happy that Bebo is showing signs of trust.

I always try to explain how the rub the beak, and also how to hold a bird. Rubbing the beak is like Linda said, but always remember to put your hand toward Bebo closed, and then slowly extend your thumb and forefinger as you get to the beak to rub. The extended fingers do freak some birds out, but the closed hand is not quiet so threatening to them.

I will look forward to the next update. Keep them coming, they really do give others hope:)
it almost scared me when hie did cause i thaught he was gonna bite me!!!! i guess im not very trusting about that cute little red beak of his! :lol