PDA

View Full Version : Thumb wrestling a Parrot!

sdgilley
11-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Tonight I had Peepo out for a nice visit with me. She was perched on my right hand while I was repairing my son's laptop with my left. The work was pretty brain-dead loading so I was playing with Peepo.

Peepo started poking her head down into the 'cage' I made with my hand. Pretty soon I could rub my thumb up one side of her head and down the other! I could have pinned her head!-but she was closing her eyes in pure pleasure for the constant rubbing. I rubbed her and kissed her little head for a long time, it was unusual. She normally doesn't have much patience for anything outside of the paper-hunt.

I think we both won. :)

DebSpace
11-24-2006, 12:11 AM
How wonderful! That made for a very nice ending to a holiday, huh. I think if one of my birds did that, I'd pass out from shock~:rofl:

archer
11-24-2006, 03:03 AM
What a nice story :) I am sure your were delighted!

bellarains
11-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Suzanne,

That is soooo sweet. Although, you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of pinning that little head down:lol Just teasing, I know you'd never do a thing like that;)

Kathryn
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Congratulations on the progress! It is such a rewarding experience for a lovie to trust that much. WOW!

Z28Taxman
11-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Ditto loves to thumb wrestle! :rofl:

He also likes if I put my hands together with my fingertips touching, making a little cage. He'll crawl in there and hang on my fingers and look out between them like he's in a little cage. Then he has to stick his head between them and give himself skritches. :cool:

sdgilley
11-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Then he has to stick his head between them and give himself skritches.
Yeah, so we've become their toys! Not only are we their slaves, we sit and entertain them! :rofl:
See, I just realized... I've been trained - not the other way around... oh the shame of it, what's next??:confused:

Z28Taxman
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, so we've become their toys! Not only are we their slaves, we sit and entertain them! :rofl:
See, I just realized... I've been trained - not the other way around... oh the shame of it, what's next??:confused:

Well if it's anything like my house, next up will be the chasing. Not me chasing him mind you, he chases me! Ditto thinks it's fun. When I open the cage he acts like he's going to come out, then run back in the cage. When I don't chase him in there and walk away, he flies after me.

I've given up trying to outrun him though. That little bugger is too fast! :rofl:

sdgilley
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I've given up trying to outrun him though. That little bugger is too fast!
That might be one way for me to run off the turkey feasting...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Z28Taxman
11-25-2006, 09:49 PM
That might be one way for me to run off the turkey feasting...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's kinda hard to run with a little yellow bird flying circles around your head and laughing at you! :rofl:

Janie
11-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Sweet Suzanne! I guess there really is a huge behavior difference in the sexes cause all three of my boys absolutely love that head/beak rubbing. Big Boi's latest thing is to hop in his cozy at bed time and then I have to stick my fingers in and rub him good all over. He turns from side to side and has even turned all the way over to get a good rub. :D It's become a ritual and both Oliver and Shy are sooooo jealous when they watch! Yep, my special time with Big Boi. :)