PDA

View Full Version : naughty birdies

emmab
11-25-2006, 09:25 AM
deary me, I think mine need ASBOs (Anti Social Behaviour Orders for those non UK people :) )

They hate their new comfy cosy thing, won't go back in their cage, won't come near us AT ALL :cry: , pick the corn off their corn on the cob only to throw it around the cage.

What IS up with them?? :confused:

ottermom
11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
When I bought a cosy for my guys, I put it right in, thinking they would treat it as any new toy - ignore it for a while then go explore. Was I wrong! They got as far away from it as they could and started screaming!! You would have thought I put a cat into the cage with them! I had to take it out and let them get used to it for about a week. Now they love it.

sdgilley
11-25-2006, 10:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've had Peter for more than 3 years. ANY new toy I place in his cage causes him great consternation as he just knows it's going to kill him. Sometimes he gets over it and plays with the toy, sometimes I have to take it out so he won't hurt himself trying to flee from it. :rofl: :rofl:

I like ottermom's suggestion. Let them get used to the new thing outside the cage before it comes in (where it might eat them;)). Good luck!

emmab
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
HeatherJ, yes they are masked and that sounds just like mine. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Pink (we think she's a hen) is getting more adventurous which is suprising as Blue normally is. I think she might even go in the cozy hut soon (we're tempting her with millet in it) but I'm not holding my breath! LOL