PDA

View Full Version : I turn mushy

butterfly1061
11-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Has anyone heard the christmas song by Aselin Debison called The Gift? I figure those of you from Canada have. I just LOVE it! I tear up and just about can't sing along. It was recorded in 2002 when she was about 13. For those of you who haven't heard it, it's about a bird a poor girl named Maria found and nurses it back to health. At church services on Christmas Eve, she gives the bird as a gift to the baby Jesus. It just gets to me :cry: It's so sweet and loving thinking about the gift my birds have also been to me. Ok, I'll stop. I'm embarrassing myself :blush:

bellarains
11-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Jackie,

I have not heard that song, but will have to look it up. The one that always gets me is "Crutches on the Altar. Oh, and there's also "Christmas Shoes". Both of those always make me cry, so I'm sure "The Gift" will have me sobbing.

Tango's_Mom
11-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I know the song your referring to, but the version I know was recorded by Garth Brooks and has been around alot longer than that, I think he recorded ot in 1992, It has been on of my favorite Christmas songs since I was very young. It is a beautiful song, my parents have the cassette of that album somewhere, and every year I try and dig it out to listen to that song. I think I'll go download it now, so I have it in a more modern version.

Another fantastic Christmas song is Collin Raye's, It Could Happen Again, the story of a 3 day cease fire during world war one in which both side celebrated christmas together, and one with a similar story is Belleau Wood, also by Garth Brooks.

Can you tell I'm a country fan? :whistle: