PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

dmenace
12-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Mele Kelikimaka is the thing to say on a bright hawaiian christmas day!
Everything seems so festive! Happy holidays to everyone!

#1ThaiBoxer
12-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Happy holiday to you too. You spelled Mele Kalikimaka wrong.

bellarains
12-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Well, if it weren't the Christmas season, I would chastise you for teasing me about that gorgeous, warm sun shiney day in Hawaii. It's daggum cold here;)

Happy Holidays to you also. Now, send me some of that SUNSHINE!!!!!:lol

Tango's_Mom
12-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Now Lori, how cold can it possibly get in TN, up here in Ontario, we've got snow and everything, now that's cold.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

bellarains
12-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Jenna,

We are actually expecting a little snow today. Problem is, around here we get icy snow. Snow I don't mind. Ice I hate. Stupid people just don't understand that you have no control on ice, and they still insist upon going 70 MPH down the interstate:rolleyes:

I would kinda like to build a snowman though:)

butterfly1061
12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't mine a little snow. I need a few days off. NO ICE!! I agree with Lori on that one. I have relatives in Ohio and one winter they came to visit. They use to tease us about the whole city shutting down when it snowed. HA! They got stuck in our "snow" while they were here. They don't laugh anymore. Ice is impossible to drive on. :p

snowboardmandy
12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
:O Days off for snow???? We've had snow since the end of October :) That would be like 7 months of the year off for me!!

It's DARK here in AK now too, it doesn't get light until about 10:00 a.m. and the sun goes down again at 3:30 p.m. Oh winter solstice come quickly!

Obie has her full spectrum lamp on a timer, though, and sure doesn't seem to notice the difference in sunlight!

Angelwing
12-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind some nice, warm sunshine, either. It's bloody cold here in Winnipeg (with the windchill, it has exceeded -30, only to get colder as we near Jan/Feb), but Happy Holidays just the same!

#1ThaiBoxer
12-07-2006, 12:01 PM
I want some snow just to experience. I have never seen snow b4

Keltoth
12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I want some snow just to experience. I have never seen snow b4

Yah? Well, to be fair, I've never body-surfed on Christmas Day. That is something I would like to experience. :rofl:

Happy Holidays anyway, everyone! 8)

- Eric

Kathryn
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
We are just now thawing out from a 12 inch snow beginning last Wednesday night. Took me 5 hours to clear the farm driveway WITH a tractor. The drifts were over two feet.
Next one is coming later this week.
I'll try to post some pictures.
Good thing the bird room has it's own heater! Even the cats wouldn't go outside!!
(Sure missed you folks while my computer was in the shop and I was trapped inside the house due to snow!)

Mandolin
12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday with lots of sunshine wherever they are. Its so nice to have fellow Canadians who are used to the snow and can appreciate it :D. Even though i love snowboarding and playing in the snow i will be happy to trade a week at my house with the snow with any members living in Hawaii, for a week of sunshine and beaches ;). Any takers????? :lol

jknezek
12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Happy Holidays everyone! As someone who grew up in the northeast, i feel your freezing pain. As someone forced to look at decorations on palm trees and sprinklers short circuiting snowmen displays (stupid neighbor, almost lit my lawn on fire), I sometimes miss appropriately cold holidays.

Good thing the airlines allow me to spend most of the year in florida, but a week at the holidays where it's the proper holiday temperature...

dmenace
12-08-2006, 03:53 AM
snow and all that looks nice and fun but I can't even handle mid 60's-70 here at night. It's cold here too! for me anyway..I think I would freeze to death in -30 degrees.

butterfly1061
12-08-2006, 04:41 AM
It's 22F with 30mph winds in ATLANTA!!!! :eek: How did that happen? Please make it go away :(

Kathryn
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Hopefully you've thawed out a little now Jackie.

Happy Holidays everybody!!