PDA

View Full Version : Leaving birds in husbands/sons care.

DebSpace
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Just a quick note to ask for prayers as I leave town for a week and I'm recovering from surgery. I'm most worried about my fids while I'm gone and have given my guys a list of instructions, do's and don'ts, and info on this website, two local vets and an area shop owner to call in case of emergency. :roll: I know they will feed/water and change towels in cages, but my birds are used to having interaction during playtime and such. My guys are nice to them, but not the most patient and I certainly don't want any accidents with doors, dogs, etc. :( Just say a little prayer for Nip and Beau. I leave tomorrow and come back next Friday night late. Thanks, everyone!

Asue
12-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Deb it'll be okay, I'll pray for ya anyways 8)

dtucker78
12-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Your babies will be fine, I'm sure. Just do like you are doing and leave copious notes and instructions....Also, leave notes like "Did you feed the birds?" Did you play with _____" and such on the fridge and computer or anyother place the guys will be sure to see them...

Eliza
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Lots of ((((HUGS)))), Deb. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

The birds will be fine, I'm sure.

-e-

BarbieH
12-08-2006, 08:14 PM
((((((Hugs))))) Deb. Hope you get well soon!

You've done all you can to prepare your guys. As long as they provide the basic care for the next couple of weeks -- food, water, cage care -- and talk to the birds, the birds will get along okay. You might emphasize the need for them to call the vet if the bird(s) seem sick or injured.

I have found that any out-of-cage interaction is a bonus when other people are caring for my birds. The birds just appreciate me that much more when I come home again.

Best wishes, and get well soon (again). :)

cprcheetah
12-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Ah...hope it all goes well. I know I went to a dog show in October...first time my hubby and I have been apart and first time he was taking care of all my furry kids. He did just fine....even with me bugging him every day "How are the kids? Are they eating etc etc etc?" Duncan the toy poodle wasn't eating so hubby boiled up some chicken and ground it up in a food processor and mixed with his dry food.....he ate like a champ....and I have now implemented the idea to feed all my dogs...It works WONDERFULLY!

Kathryn
12-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Deb,
The boys will rise to the occasion. They won't let you down.
You just concentrate on getting better and enjoying your time off.

PS..Bet I know who the local shop owner is!!!:)

DebSpace
12-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, everybody. The guys will get phone message reminders from me occasionally, too. I'm just a terrible worrier; I worry about the birds, the dogs, the guys; just a typical mom, I guess. I'm really looking forward to the trip, though, it is my ever cruise. My mom and I are meeting her best friend from highschool and her daughter. "See" all of you when I return. I'll have lots of reading/posting to catch up on.:whistle:

PS..Bet I know who the local shop owner is!!!

Bet'cha you're right! :wink:

Keltoth
12-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Get well quickly, Deb. We'll all miss you while you are gone...

- Eric

DebSpace
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Had a beyond wonderful time with my mom in San Diego, Catalina, & Ensenada, but back to reality in cold Oklahoma:cold: . Yes, I worried...so I checked in with my guys at each port. Beau only came out of his cage once while I was gone, but all is well. I think it was a good experience for all concerned...the birds are more acclimated to the guys (not freaking when they walk in the room) and Nip and Beau seem quite happy to have me back home. Beau hopped right out and Nip is already nesty and shredding again. :rotfl: I have my 2nd eye surgery tomorrow, so that will give me time to catch up on some of the things I missed on the board while I was gone. Kudos to Eric :clap: for all the cutsie emoticons! :rudi:
:holi:

zlatushka
12-19-2006, 01:07 AM
WELCOME BACK!!! :)

Glad things went well... hope things go as well for this next one.

Good to have you back with us :)

p3rr4n
12-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Welcome back from us too! Glad to hear things are looking up! We wish you the best on the next round too... Oh yeah, I almost forgot....Trixie said you could have one of his toys and some of his african millet if you want some!

:clap: :grouphug:

BarbieH
12-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Good to have ya back, Deb. :snow:

Kathryn
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey, Deb,
Glad you had a great trip/time with family.
Good luck on the 2nd eye surgery. Keep us posted.

Eliza
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Welcome back, Deb!

You've been missed... I hope that you are recovering nicely.

Enjoy Nip and Beau -- I'm sure they missed you, too!

-e-

DebSpace
12-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks, so far the second eye surgery has gone better than the first. I can actually see better with the one operated on today than in the first eye done a few weeks ago, so here's hoping that continues. :clap: I'm enjoying reading all the stuff I missed and looking at photos that were all fuzzy and clouded to me before. Watch out for spiders, :omg: treatment following a bite is how I ended up with pre-mature cataracts. :xtree: