PDA

View Full Version : jumping to shoulder

dmenace
12-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone elses lovie jumps to their shoulder right away after being taken out of the cage? Mine seems to just want to stay on my shoulder and will only occasionally wander down my arm toward the keyboard when I'm on the computer. By letting him stay on my shoulder all the time is this a bad thing or should I try to discourage it? turning to face him makes my eyes all funny and when he chirps back in my ear it can get quite loud :omg:

LauraO
12-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I think a lot of us have lovies who love shoulders or wish we had lovies who loved shoulders 8) . There are some issues with larger parrots being on shoulders, but I don't think this holds true of lovies. If your lovie loves being on your shoulder, I say let them be. Your bird is still new and getting used to you and your home and often shoulders are a safe place to be. As time goes on, I'm sure your lovie will get more adventurous and you'll be asking where your sweet little shoulder bird went:cool:

ottermom
12-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I have breakfast with my lovies every morning. Bubble comes right down and eats out of the dish in front of me, but Squeak usually stays on my shoulder. I hold up some of her favorite Nutriberries for her to pick at. She's really scared of hands, so I use this as a chance to work on that with her. I usually let them stay about a half hour or 45 minutes, then they go up to their cage top for more munchies and a drink.

But those chirps right next to my ear are deafening!

butterfly1061
12-13-2006, 08:48 AM
My lovies live on my shoulders :rolleyes: I can't get them off :lol

dmenace
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
ok thanks for the input. I guess its not such a bad thing unless some there is some deafness :lol

Cathy
12-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I wish my lovies would stay on my shoulder. They won't leave my key board alone!