PDA

View Full Version : Mango and Kodi are going to a new home this Friday...

KiwiMango
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I know some of you may be mad at me, but I had to let you all know that I found a really great home for my two fids. It's been such a difficult decision these past 2 months as some of you have read. I feel like I've gone in circles again and again causing too many issues with my boyfriend and stress on myself. I had to compromise. So while my two will be included in another home with another lovie and a parakeet, we are including a Jenday Conure to our family. One that we think will work the best for us after a months worth of visits. While I wish I could have all three, I'm just not able to:cry:

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow night and won't be able to see them off the day they go to their new home on Friday. But I know they will be loved and cared for just the way I want them. I've even asked the new family to join this forum and for possible visiting rights. I will continue to be on here about our new addition. If only I could keep all three.....:(

LauraO
12-20-2006, 04:07 PM
No one can fault you for rehoming your birds if you've given it a lot of forethought and took the effort to find them a good home. Sometimes these things happen, and we all know you've been struggling with this issue for some time. For me, I get snippy when people have a revolving door of pets and think nothing of rehoming them and how it can effect the birds. I'm sorry you and your boyfriend could not come to some understanding, but it's great to hear you've found Kiwi and Mango a good home.

Good luck and please keep us updated:)

Eliza
12-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Best of luck to Mango and Kodi in there new home.

I hope that things work out between you, your DBF and the Jenday.

-e-

Janie
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
I am glad that you've found them a new home and hope it will be a "forever" home. Rehoming for me would not be an option but I know it is best for some birds and this is sounds like a situation that calls for rehoming.

Adding the Jenday.....hmmmm, I hope you know what you're getting into and don't decide in a month or two or three that you or your boyfriend aren't as happy with that new bird as you'd hopped to be. It is a commitment and IMHO, you need to see it that way from the start. Good luck and I sincerely hope your lovies will find a home like my Oliver did when I adopted him.

DebSpace
12-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi, Sarah, I don't envy you in what has certainly been a tough decision. While rehoming is difficult for the birds, it sounds as though you have done all you can to ensure they are rehomed with a caring individual. You have given much thought to their care, which beats opening the door to let them fly out into the not-so-great outdoors >: when the going gets tough. I hope the new owner will allow you some visits, especially in the beginning, and we would love for them to join us here and keep us posted on Kiwi and Mango's progress. >o I sincerely wish you all the best with your new addition, but do hope you and your boyfriend have an understanding on this one. It is so important to realize prior to committment that fids, not unlike humans, are very individual creatures with unique personalities that don't always behave the way we would prefer. :2cents: Give Mango and Kiwi a snuggle from me.