PDA

View Full Version : A Friend for Echo??????

linda040899
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Echo is one of my few birds that does not have a cagemate. I'm also flat out of extra cages and I have a baby who needs to get out of a container.......

Franci had a Green Fischer's companion (female at that!) until I got her a mate so I'm trying to see if Echo will accept this youngster in his cage. Because of the crossed beak, he really can't bite hard enough to hurt the baby but I will remove the baby if Echo shows any aggression. So far, so good..... ~crosses fingers, toes, etc~

While Echo is a very spoiled lovie, I think lovie companionship would be good for him! We shall see.

kimsbirds
12-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Good Luck Echo and Linda!
When I had many birds, I always tried to match up those who I thought would be most compatible together. Sometimes I won, more often I didnt LOL
I hope Echo finds a buddy to be a BIRD with!

Janie
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh boy, I hope it works out Linda! I love to hear that a single lovie has a buddy! :D Oliver has two now and he is much happier, IMHO. :)

bellarains
12-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Ahhhhh,

I do hope all goes well. I'm sure Echo may have a moment or two when he wonders "what the h e l l is in my house?", but hopefully he'll come to like it:)

mjm8321
12-29-2006, 12:50 PM
The hardest thing I've found with giving a single lovie a companion is that they tend to see their cage as THEIRS and can be a little aggressive toward the newcomer. Usually I'll offer a new cage to both when introducing them.
Good luck with Echo and his new buddy; hopes it goes well and they have a long, happy friendship.