PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Cockatiel!

mandy
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
My uncle surprised me last week by giving me a cockatiel he had been handfeeding! it is currently about 3 months old and already very tame and sweet. :rofl: it is a whiteface mutation... possibly light pied... still waiting for it to finish moulting... any suggestions for names? I want a name that has something to do with 'hope' any suggestions are welcome. :whistle:

bird_luver24
01-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Thats Great!!! :D
I bet you are sooo excited!! If you have anymore updates then you can use the Other Parrots and Birds Section for you new Tiel Baby!!!! :D
We of course expect pictures lol ;)

bellarains
01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh, she sounds gorgeous. You know we will be wanting some pics;)

The first name that came to mind was, Faith. Another one would be Nadia. It is the Russian name meaning Hope.

Happy name hunting, and get those pics up soon:)

cprcheetah
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Congrats! Is it a boy or a girl or do you know?
Myra means Longed for....I thought that was cute!

linda040899
01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the new Tiel! They are neat birds and tend to remain sweet. I adopted Peter, a normal grey Tiel, about 3 months ago. While he doesn't like to be handled, he loves to interact with us!

mandy
01-03-2007, 07:34 AM
HI! i will post pictures soon. Don't worry:whistle: right now i am waiting for some patches to grow back. I have a suspicion that this bird was being plucked by the other birds around it since my uncle placed her in a big cage with other tiels...

regarding the sex, a friend of mine said that she is probably a female because of her 'murky' color. she also tends to be quiet and does not whistle.

I promise to keep you updated. :clap:

Oh, as for Biscuit, she is about 10 months old now. she has mellowed a lot. Currently she enjoys being scratched at the head.

Anyway, I might be moving schools next year. I think my bosses want to me to teach grade 1... i guess a tame bird like Biscuit will come as a very unique education tool... or should i say education bird :rotfl: