PDA

View Full Version : Ditto squeaks like a dove when he flies now.

Z28Taxman
01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
He just flew a lap around the room and his wings made that whistling sound that doves make when they fly. I thought he learned dove flying sounds to go along with the sparrow chirps. :rofl:

Turns out he just had a flight feather that was ready to moult out and after it fell off it was back to lovie flapping sounds.. :lol

Buy A Paper Doll
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
8)

I love stories about the Dittobird.

Z28Taxman
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
It's a rather impressive looking feather too. It's one of his 4 grey primaries. He's got 2 on the end of each wing. The leading edge of it it bright yellow, the part in front of the vane has a blue/violet glow over the grey, and the rest is dark grey fading to a lighter grey. I wish I could get a picture of those colors.

DebSpace
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
That's a relief, I thought that giant new TV of yours might have pushed the poor little guy straight into psychotic schizophrenic episodes!:lol

Kathryn
01-18-2007, 01:04 PM
You are saving the feather for his baby scrapbook aren't you?:)

I have some feathers inside the picture frame with a favorite portrait...makes a nice picture dressing.

Z28Taxman
01-18-2007, 01:25 PM
You are saving the feather for his baby scrapbook aren't you?:)

I have some feathers inside the picture frame with a favorite portrait...makes a nice picture dressing.

I've got a whole collection of feathers. :clap:

zlatushka
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I've got a whole collection of feathers.

I give my birds' feathers to my dad for tying flies :lol He says they're great!

dovelady4
01-19-2007, 10:31 PM
My dad and I were out in my aviary with my doves one day, and we were wondering why they whistle when they fly. We finally decided that it might be from the form of the wing feathers or something in that general area. I guess Ditto proved it for us. THANKS DITTO!!:clap: :clap:

Z28Taxman
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM
My dad and I were out in my aviary with my doves one day, and we were wondering why they whistle when they fly. We finally decided that it might be from the form of the wing feathers or something in that general area. I guess Ditto proved it for us. THANKS DITTO!!:clap: :clap:

That was the third time I've heard Ditto do that. He flies around like a maniac until the noisy feather falls off. :lol

Kathryn
01-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Maybe that's his way of getting rid of the offending feather...wish we could lose offending features that way.......:whistle:

Z28Taxman
01-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe that's his way of getting rid of the offending feather...wish we could lose offending features that way.......:whistle:

Yeah, he knows exactly what he's doing. That's the only time he flies around like that and as soon as the feather falls out he plops right back down on my shoulder. 8o If he's in his cage he'll just grab a perch and flap like crazy. One time he did it standing on his ladder and it lifted up and scared him half to death. :rofl: