PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE ADVISE

chris631
01-20-2007, 12:01 PM
GOTTA GET MY STARTED WITH MY DAY BUT CAN'T SEEM TO GET OUTTA THIS BIRD ROOM. OK, I POSTED SOME PICS IN ONE OF THEM YOU CAN SEE THE LAYOUT OF THE CAGE . ABOUT AN HOUR AGO I HAD THIS IDEA OF PUTTING A WOODEN LADDER IN FRONT OF THE BOX(HORIZONTALLY) SO THE BABIES COULD COME OUT, WELL..... THEY DID . PROBLEM IS THEY KEEP FALLING THROUGH THE WRUNGS OF THE LADDER. MY IDEA- PUTTING A ROPE BIRCH(LIKE I HAVE IN THE UPPER SECTION OR THE PLASTIC BRANCHES I USED TO HAVE IN THE CAGE. GRANDPA IS IN A QUANDRY HERE:confused: :confused: :confused: AND NEEDS TO GO OUT AND DO ALL HE'S SATURDAY STUFF. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

linda040899
01-20-2007, 02:37 PM
If you do absolutely nothing and don't offer the babies any way to exit the box, they should remain there until they are just about 6 weeks old. When they come out, they can perch, as well as fly....at least to a degree. I had one baby who insisted on coming out of his box at age 4.5 weeks no matter what I did, so I just put paper on the bottom of the cage so that they didn't get hurt on the grate.

shylevon
01-20-2007, 03:04 PM
You can string a little cloth hammock under the nestbox opening. Birdies will fall out and have a very gentle landing. You might also try wrapping ONE layer of fabric around the ladder so it is more of a platform than a ladder. Don't wrap more than one layer or birdie may try to climb between the fabric layers and get stuck there.

chris631
01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
THAX GUYS GREAT IDEA