PDA

View Full Version : mad mango

mangotiki
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
For all the cuteness of a lovebird snuggling in my shirt, there is a dark side...:evil:

Mango has been particularly perturbed since arriving home, if truth be known. Yes, he wants down our shirts. How sweet, you all say. What you don't know is that Mango is a shirt hogging people hater. Once there, beware the beak. He is there to stay. Pop and her cozy ain't got nuttin' on Mango and his bosoms. No fingers better come near. I lost my finger offering a cheerio today.

Right now Rob is lying hostage in bed with Mango nesting in his chest hair...growling and charging every few minutes in warning, "do not move an inch!!" Rob cannot look down, shift or do anything that might make his tented shirt shift even the slightest or Mango will run out and bite his chin. Mango had better realize that it was Rob who paid the vet bills....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Traci

Z28Taxman
01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ditto prefers sleeves, but he doesn't bite when I get him out. I just reach in and tell him to come out and he hops on my finger. 8)

DebSpace
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
He's just letting you know how tick he is from all the tests. Nah, you should actually take this as a compliment. He'd rather be grouchy close to you than grouchy all alone.:whistle:

mangotiki
01-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I'll tell that to Rob. Seems his right nipple did something offensive...he now has the option of a nipple ring...:rofl: :omg: :rofl:
and when his armpit offended Mango, Rob tried to defend it with his finger, and well you can imagine.
This from Mango, who would always protect Rob from Pop (really really nasty hen) with a head butt!! :rofl:

He is not giving us the benefit of the doubt at all these days. He wants what he wants when he wants it and to h*** with us after leaving him in that hospital.

Anyone else's lovebird growls?:rofl:

Ahhhhhh, we are so glad to have him home and wouldn't know what to do without him!!!!

Traci

Willy'smom
01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Anyone else's lovebird growls?:rofl:

Traci

Trace,
We call it "pig grunt". And the only time we hear is when Willy doesn't want to do something. Willy tries the same thing when he is in my shirt, he will charge anthing that tries to get in "his" shirt with him. Unlike Mango we can move so it's not as bad. When he acts this way once I get him out he's not allowed in until he can behave. Every time he is in my shirt I make it a point to put my face or hands in. He is getting better knowing if he attacks he isn't allowed back in. What smart little birds!! :)

Janie
01-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Traci, all I can says is.....:rofl:

bellarains
01-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Traci,

While I know where you are coming from, as Bela does this himself, it is just too cute. I bet even though Rob can't move, deep down, he's feeling pretty good, as it's obvious, Mango feels like he's in his safe spot, and he ain't comin out:lol

Kathryn
01-27-2007, 09:00 AM
:rofl: :happy: :whistle:
Not to mention the body heat of a bosom snugglehug!!!
That is just too cute!!
Tell Rob we admire his willingness to sacrifice his chest for his fid!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Z28Taxman
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Anyone else's lovebird growls?

Ditto used to growl like a rottwieller at my ex. That's why he's still here. :rofl:

Buy A Paper Doll
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I would laugh, Traci, except you just described Melody perfectly, down to the armpit attacks and nipple biting. It's particularly painful when Mel is inside my shirt, and Milo is on the outside of my shirt, and Milo happens to step on Melody. Then she gets REALLY P*SSED and bites ME because I'm there. I'm currently sporting a bruise on my abdomen from being bitten by her heinousness - I mean her highness.

Milo is our resident chin biter. And he doesn't really growl so much as hiss. Then he drops his little head down and charges like a bull. It's funny ... until he takes a chunk out of your chin.

wilkiecoco
01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
i guess lovies are all the same. kiwi thinks it's great fun to shoot down my shirt when my hands are full with something else, and snuggle in my armpits. :rofl: if i dare try to remove him, cause let's face it, there is only so much i can do with my arm straight up so i don't crush him, he growls to let me know he isn't happy with me. being the loving fidparent i am (some people may prefer to call me a suck) i have, at times, stayed in the same spot for 5 minutes waiting for him to finish his naptime. i am such a pushover. :blush:

Eliza
01-27-2007, 10:24 PM
OMG... I can't stop laughing about Mango, protector of the t-shirt tent!

-e-

mangotiki
01-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Milo is our resident chin biter. And he doesn't really growl so much as hiss. Then he drops his little head down and charges like a bull. It's funny ... until he takes a chunk out of your chin.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My daughters like to let Mango hide under a pillow case and poke at it....then watch him come charging out! It is pretty hilarious. I suppose we should not encourage it, but it is really entertaining!

Traci

Buy A Paper Doll
01-28-2007, 02:51 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My daughters like to let Mango hide under a pillow case and poke at it....then watch him come charging out! It is pretty hilarious. I suppose we should not encourage it, but it is really entertaining!

Hubby did this with Melody when he was in his shirt. He thought it was so cute to have her come running out, yell and flap her wings, and run back in for more. As you can imagine, that little game came to an abrupt halt after he got one of those nipple piercings like your husband now has. :omg:

mangotiki
01-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Well, Mango is mad at me. He is now protecting Rob from ME!!!

He is snuggling down in Robs shirt and growling when ever I come near or even speak. He is really ticked because I am giving the meds every day. Mango didn't even want out of the incubator today when I went to hold him. He prefers solitary to me:cry: Hopefully he will get over it, otherwise I will make Rob do the meds!

Speaking of Rob, he is eating dinner in the bedroom tonight. Seems Mango is pretty comfy cuddling in his collar and Rob does not want to disturb his highness...so rather than put Mango back and come eat with us, Rob asked me to serve him his dinner in bed.

So now I am catering to two men...

Traci

butterfly1061
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Teri
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
:lol :clap: It is impossible not to be amused by their huge diva personalities!

Eliza
01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Speaking of Rob, he is eating dinner in the bedroom tonight. Seems Mango is pretty comfy cuddling in his collar and Rob does not want to disturb his highness...so rather than put Mango back and come eat with us, Rob asked me to serve him his dinner in bed.

So now I am catering to two men...

Traci

Traci -- it's a conspiracy, I'm sure :evil: :lol I can imagine Rob curled up in bed, with a warm dinner plate and something manly on the TV. Manog is tucked up by his ear, saying, "See, man? I TOLD you how easy this would be!"

Too funny... I hope that Mango settles down and starts behaving :wink:

-e-