PDA

View Full Version : Hiccuping Behaviour?

lovey_dovey
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi!
My name is Ashley and my lovey's name is Jellybean. She is almost two years old and recently started doing this weird hiccuping noise/action when she is out.

She gets out twice a day for fifteen-twenty minutes and usually just rides around on my shoulder or we practice step ups and such.

Usually when she's just sitting on my finger and I'm petting her is when she's doing it. She's never done it before and I find it strange. Is this a sign of panic, fear or anxiety? Has this happened to anyone else? Anything I can do?

Thanks for any advice!
~Ash and Jells
:p

kimsbirds
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
This behaviour you are describing, is she bobbing her head up and down rather quickly and making a chewing motion with her beak? If so, we refer to that as "gacking" , she's regurgitating food for you and then swallowing it back down...gross eh? LOL

K

lovey_dovey
01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Haha! Are you serious!? That IS gross lol
You may be right I will watch her more closely tomorrow and let you know.

DebSpace
01-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Hopefully that is exactly what it is. If so, gross though it may be, it's just her way of showing how much her wuvs u. Kinda sweet, huh! :p

Janie
01-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Haha! Are you serious!? That IS gross lol
You may be right I will watch her more closely tomorrow and let you know.

:rofl: If you think it's gross, watch out! It goes on for years! My two younger birds "gack" to their birdie buddies so much that I have a supply of 6 so that I can take them out, sometimes every day, to be washed. They have gacked to my finger a time or two but prefer their birdie buddies, thank goodness! :D

butterfly1061
01-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Lovebird gacking is better than Macaw gacking! :omg: Bosco gacks to me every time I visit him. Molly & Piper do this to me all the time. I love it! :clap:

kimsbirds
01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
So, does your birdy's bobbing sound/look as though it could be regurging? Have you seen any other abnormal actions yet?
Just checking to make sure there's been no further issues...

K

mjm8321
01-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Just another thought......do you know that JellyBean is a hen? Sounds a little more like male behavior to me.

dovelady4
02-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Agreed! My male lovie, Lou, does this and then dances around my hands making a clicking noise. Is JellyBean doing this???