PDA

View Full Version : Eating poo

WKY
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
today i found moya eating her poo! this cant be a good thing! is there a reason as to why she might do this?

mjm8321
01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Honestly, it's hard to say why she might be doing that. I have a cockatiel that likes to eat his own droppings. He's been tested and nothing is wrong, he just likes to eat it. I have treated the bars of his cage, as well as the grate on the bottom with "Poop Off" so that there isn't really any poop left around to eat.

DebSpace
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Definately not a good thing because of infections and illnesses that can develop as a result. Do you change the paper daily? She might be bored, too. Might try some avicakes in those little shreddable boxes. Maybe having that at the bottom would be a distraction, although it might take a few days for her to get used to it before she feels comfortable approaching it. You could open one end so she could better see the food inside. Just a thought.

WKY
01-31-2007, 11:00 AM
well my cage has one of those grate things at the bottem so she cant get to the poo, it was when she was out of the cage and purched on a shelf in the closet. she had pood there and voila!

CaptMicha
01-31-2007, 12:24 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

(I know, not helpful.)