PDA

View Full Version : acrylic disks

Boris_fan
02-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Does anyone know where I can get plastic disks to protect my ceilings when i put up a boing... i have a wood ceiling in my bird room and my birds would have a field day on if. I know they love their boings. but i cant put them up untill i find some disks(5-6in) I have looked on line for yrs and had no luck... any ideas or suggestions would be great.

boingless in PA:omg:

Elle
02-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I have no idea where you could find one. I had a similar problem with my birds climbing the chain attacing their window perch to the ceiling in front of the window. They would climb it and then break the window blinds. What I did is I took an ice cream container lid, cut from the edge to the middle and staple it like a chineese hat around the chain. My birds cannot climg past it. The other thing I have seen is ceiling protectors which is a plastic tube you place on the chain itself.

Boris_fan
02-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks Elle. it might keep the lovies at bay but probably not the Macaw... someone told me that there are ceiling protectors for ceiling fans.... but i guess no one else has this problem...
ok thanks again Elle

butterfly1061
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Did you check with HomeDepot or Lowe's? I'd start there first. Maybe they can recommend something. :2cents:

mjm8321
02-02-2007, 02:42 PM
You might also just have a thin piece of plexi glass cut for you at any hardware store. Here are some links I found:

http://www.pionusparrot.com/AcrylicCeilingProtectors.htm

http://www.beakapoo.com/playgyms.html (scroll down page) Looks like even I could make this easily from PVC

Boris_fan
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks those ceiling protectors look good. think i might try one...
thanks for the info i will also look in home depot and lowes maybe both will work for my macaw. thanks again:happy:

Cathy
02-02-2007, 09:51 PM
I would think that the cheapest way would be to by some PVC pipe to hang on the chain above the toys.

Elle
02-03-2007, 06:29 AM
I didn't realise you had a Macaw too :lol It would last all but 10 seconds:rotfl:

Boris_fan
02-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Yup a macaw Rommel and a nanday conure Cori and a tiemneh african grey Timmy... he is a baby yet. and of and several breeder lovies (not friendly) the babies are.....so i need a powerful thing... birds are incedible creatures... i am amazed by them daily:happy: thanks for all the input:wink: