PDA

View Full Version : DNA Test Results

Anjamau79
02-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Finally....... today I got the results for the feather testing that I sent in last week. Juhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuu..... I have a male and a female. I'm so happy about that. I was so nervous, that I may have two females. I read so many threads about problems with two girls. So my husband and I had an important decision to make... NAMES. Since about 3 hours we don't have ---> Bird 1 and Bird 2 anymore but

Diva (because she loooooves to take baths and is definitely the boss in the "cage") :happy: and

Kruemel - german word for crumb (because he is smaler than Diva, has smaller eyes and is just as sweet as a cookie crumb) :happy:

What do you think about the names???

And for everybody who hasn't seen them yet, here are some cellphone pics of my two lovies again. http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/Anjamau79/My%20new%20BIG%20LOVE/?action=view&current=Lovies16.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3

pjandtiffy
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I really like the name Diva. I never would have thought of that but its awesome.

Eliza
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Congratulations, Anja! I LOVE the names you selected for your beautiful beebs :)

I LOVE the cage: is it the Loro Flight Cage from Avian Adventures? I've been thinking of upgrading to that cage for the Beetle-monster...

Best wishes with your pair :D

-e-

Anjamau79
02-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Congratulations, Anja! I LOVE the names you selected for your beautiful beebs :)

I LOVE the cage: is it the Loro Flight Cage from Avian Adventures? I've been thinking of upgrading to that cage for the Beetle-monster...

Best wishes with your pair :D

-e-

Yes Eliza, thats exactly the cage... Loro Flight Cage form Avain Adventures. A lot of space for those litte ones :) We love it, very nice product. We bought it at costco.com and paid $329.00 + $19.80 Tax. Shipping was free and we got it 10 days later via UPS.

zlatushka
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
woooohoooo congrats! Love the names too! Der ist ein leckeres Krümelchen!:rofl:

linda040899
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Congratulations, Anja!
They are a beautiful pair and their new "cage" is a birdie mansion! :)

Anjamau79
02-12-2007, 06:56 PM
woooohoooo congrats! Love the names too! Der ist ein leckeres Krümelchen!:rofl:

Oh yes he is a "leckeres Krümelchen", even some nice words in german for my lovebirds, how nice is that :) I don't have the german "ue" on my keybord, so I had to steal from your text, hehe.

Congratulations, Anja!
They are a beautiful pair and their new "cage" is a birdie mansion! :)

Linda, I tell you, it really is a mansion. They are to small to use the whole space :) :clap:

DebSpace
02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi, Anja! Love the names, love the birds (I'm a little partial to those blue black-masked, ya know;) ) and the cage. . .Oooooo, I covet it bigtime!:blush:

Kathryn
02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Congratulations! You got your wish!! A boy and a girl!
The lovies are beautiful! The names are fabulous and the cage...oh my goodness! It's Fantastic.

p3rr4n
02-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I say keep the names and the pictures are awesome. You did a great job with their cage too :)

Janie
02-13-2007, 07:30 AM
The fids + names + cage= AWESOME! :D

So glad that you got what you were hoping for, one of each! They are absolutely adorable and are already obviously spoiled rotten in their new digs! Just the way it should be! :D

Congratulations on the results! Hmmm, I'm thinking I might half to get a female so I can also have one named Diva! :D:D:D

bellarains
02-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Anja,

I think the name Diva is absolutely perfect for a female lovie, as that is exactly what they are:)

I'm glad the results are what you wanted, and they are just precious. I look forward to hearing more about them.

wilkiecoco
02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
anja,

they are a beautiful pair. are you going to breed them, cause they would make gorgeous babies. and the cage - birdie heaven!!!:lol

Anjamau79
02-13-2007, 06:21 PM
anja,

they are a beautiful pair. are you going to breed them, cause they would make gorgeous babies. and the cage - birdie heaven!!!:lol

Hi Robyn,

I would love to see lovebird babies and see them grow up but I don't want to breed. I'm pretty happy with 2 Lovebirds and I don't think, I would be able to raise babiebirds. I don't want to risk anything, so I plan on going the "save way" and boil the eggs, if Diva lays some.

But ask me again in a few more years, you never know if I get the "Lovebirdfever" ;) ... hehe