PDA

View Full Version : Mean Mommy

KathyMay
02-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Ok-So i have not been around lately, I live in Hawaii, I have family coming in & out all the time. I have been taking my baby lovies out & getting them somewhat hand tamed.
My question is: Papaya(mom) seems to be guarding the food when they come out of the box for some exersize...Do I assume she's still feeding them while they're in the box or should I just take them out & separate now? I kind of wanted to wait to see them eat food on their own before I separated them from their mom.

Aloha to everyone!
~Kathy

linda040899
02-17-2007, 01:29 PM
If the babies try to go over to the food dish, does Papaya chase them away? If the babies are not crying to be fed, chances are that dad is feeding them. Once they come out of the nest, it's his job to wean/teach them to eat on their own. It usually takes about 2 weeks for that process to happen. As long as mom is not being mean to the babies, you really don't have to do anything. If she's guarding one food dish, a second dish might be helpful.

KathyMay
02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Papaya is nipping at them, Peach(Daddy) is being nice & now that I think about it , he seems to be teaching them... how cool.
I do have 3 food trays,pellets,milet & seed... Then apples all over during the day.

I'll keep an eye out.
Thanks for your HELP!