PDA

View Full Version : Bird Show

pjandtiffy
02-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Has anyone ever been to a bird show and is it fun? Do they just show birds competing there or is there more to do? J/w, thanks!

rmhand
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I went to my first bird show last year here in Lafayette, LA. It was AWESOME, but not as big as some I've heard about. You have breeders selling birds, cages, toys, food and lots of other birdie goodies. You get to talk with other bird lovers and learn a lot. I totally enjoyed the show and plan to return for the next one scheduled in April. I'm in the market for a bigger cage. Their prices are better than what you see at local pet stores too.

Janie
02-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I have never been to a bird show but I think we have one a year in Atlanta. I do go to the bird FAIRS and we have 6 to 8 a year here. A great way to save lots of money on cages, toys, play gyms and all kinds of bird seeds, out yeah, they sell birds there, too. :D I don't know if the one bird show we have here includes vendors selling things. There are several of us forum members in the Atlanta area and we usually meet up at the bird fairs and shop till we run out of money or time, whichever comes first! :lol

pjandtiffy
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
thanks for the info guys :)

Eliza
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I have not been to a bird fair OR a bird show!

I'm going to see if I can meet up w/ Beetle's breeders sometime when they show locally -- I think it might be neat. I've been to all manner of horse shows, livestock shows and small animal shows... but never one for birds or parrots!

-e-

butterfly1061
02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I've been to the one birdshow we have here in Atlanta. It's small, but it's really interesting. They do have vendors at that one. I prefer to birdFAIRS, but it was neat to see so many different birds close up.

Christine9
02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I've been to bird shows/marts, and I love them! It's so much fun seeing people who are as bird crazy as you. Plus you can find great deals on supplies and toys. I'm actually going to one two weeks from today. This one is only a bird mart (not a bird show). They are going to have raffles, door prizes, and they usually have silent auctions as well.