PDA

View Full Version : Small Swelling above beak?

krizzteena
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted but yet I find myself here again. It's nice to know that there are other lovey fans ready to offer advice.

My LuLu seems to have a small swelling between her right nare and beak. It looks pink and slightly raised and I see NO blood or discharge. I am not sure what this is?

She has been playing with some plastic cat balls at the botton of the cage having a great time throwing them up in the air but I am wondering if she somehow injured herself? The other thing could be that her and Keke have been fighting over the snuggly tent that was LuLus and Keke has now claimed.

Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

linda040899
03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Kris,
Do you have any photos that you can share with us? Some times it's hard to comment when you can't actually see what's going on. :)

sdgilley
03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I'd remove the cat balls unless you are with them to supervise play. Those can be pretty dangerous with lovies strong beaks.

Also, if your birds are bickering over a snuggly tent, I'd remove it for the time now - while you're trying to figure this out. Anything that causes conflict between two lovies caged together should, like the cat toys, be supervised. Lovies can be dangerous and even deadly to each other in the wrong situation.

Personally, I would take my bird to see the vet if I were in your situation. It might be something minor, but I'd much rather a face to face vet visit tell me that. I've told my vet more than once "I don't mind if you tell me this is nothing!". He smiles, and sometimes tells me it is nothing. Other times he's thought it was nothing - and found that my suspicion that there was something wrong - was correct. The only way to know is by the vet visit.

Good luck!