PDA

View Full Version : Names Please!!

kimsbirds
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm open to new names for this clutch I've got hatching right now.
So far we're 1 girl and 2 unsexed, hoping for unique names, but still easy to remember for the kids. All possibilities will be considered, well, except the dirty ones;)

Janie
03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
My vote is for another SNAP! That is the lovie that got away (from me!)! I have seen many beautiful lovies on this forum but "Milo" and "Snap" were the two that got to me the most, melted my heart! SO......I got a "Milo" but I still need a "Snap!"

michael
03-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Guess that leaves out dingleberry huh? Used to watch Heckle and Jeckle when I was a kid but those don't seem like lovebird names. Almost better to see them first as maybe one has bigger feet than the others and that would make a difference. I'll go talk to Goofy and see what he thinks.....Michael

linda040899
03-08-2007, 07:09 AM
The names for my latest youngsters are Shelby, Quinn and Phoenix. For a female, I've always liked Kali.

bellarains
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Kimmie,

I had some good ones all picked out, and then....... You gave conditions. Guess I'll have to go put my thinkin cap back on;) ;)

OK, here's a couple, Shasta, the one I wanted for a girl, Jazlyn, Charisma,Chenelle,Jessie(male or female), and one I think is just too cute for a henny penny is, Bess, or of course Bessie:)

I got more, but you said you didn't want those:blush:

BarbieH
03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
:lol We used to have a dog nicknamed Dingleberry. :lol He was a boy, if that helps explain it ....

butterfly1061
03-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Your female is a creamino, right? How about Fallon or Falyn?

Emery
03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Margarita, Martini, Manhattan.. :p

BarbieH
03-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Chablis, Chardonnay, Zin(fandel) ...

mjm8321
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Someone had a pair named Seek and Destroy and I've been dying to use those names, but I'll need the right pair. :rofl:

I have been playing with the link Rachel posted a while back and I like this http://www.behindthename.com/random/

kimsbirds
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
LMAO @ Dingleberry!!!
Oooooh I like Shasta and Falyn....our dogs' name is Jessie, so can't do that...

Barb and Emery are on an ALCOHOLIC NAME binge....lololol...

Keep 'em coming!!

BTW, baby #4 is pipping and peeping:happy:

romeoandjulietlovies06
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Used to watch Heckle and Jeckle when I was a kid but those don't seem like lovebird names.

I don't know thats what my mom calls Romeo and Juliet all the time. She said that i should have named them that instead. I have been dying to use the names from the movie "land before time" like sarah, little foot, ducky, petry, and spike.

butterfly1061
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
My brother calls Olivia "Viper". I don't know why, she's sweet to me :rolleyes: Well...most of the time.

michael
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I'll never mention dingleberry again for fear I'll incriminate someone else! HEY, you know, Bessie does have a ring to it! I like Maggie too. Magpie. HMMM. Come on Goof, help me out.........Okay I had a aunt named June, and April could be a birdie name, probably better if they were born in those months though.

Susan27
03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
I like rhyming names...Buffy, Fluffy, Stuffy, Muffy, Tuffy, Gruffy, Duffy, or at least today I do.

Or names that have neat meanings:
Bali: Latin meaning Mighty warrior.
Dulcy: Latin meaning Sweet.
Jemima: Hebrew meaning a Dove.
Meka:Hawaiin, meaning Eyes.
Melleta: Greek, meaning Sweet as Honey.
Ranee or Rania: Hindi meaning Queen.
Rashida: African, meaning Righteous
Sarika or Sarita: Hebrew, meaning Princess
Satinka: American Indian meaning Magic Dancer
Teodora: Italian meaning Gift from God.
Vevina: Hebrew meaning Sweet Lady.

Of course these are all coming from a person who named one of their lovies LITTLE CHICKEN....so...