PDA

View Full Version : Very Important info about your computer and daylight savings time!

p3rr4n
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
As most of you may know by now, daylight savings time is changing early this year.

For any of you running Windows 2000, or Windows XP, you will need to goto www.microsoft.com and install their update tool, ESPECIALLY if you use Outlook to set appointments.

The link is right on the homepage for Microsoft.

If you are using WIn95, Win98 or WinME you are out of luck and will have to change the time yourself in the morning and again in 2 weeks if your computer is set to automatically change with daylight savings time. Microsoft no longer supports Win95, WIn98 or WinME

Your computers think its going to happen later, and your calender and other misc. stuff can get ALL MESSED UP if you don't do this!!!

Z28Taxman
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Or wait 3 weeks and the problem will fix itself! :evil:

Bomom
03-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't get it:confused: It happens every year.. Not like it's a big surprise time change.. I work with blackberrys and other pda's and wireless data devices.. Work has been :evil: because of this time change geesh

Z28Taxman
03-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't get it:confused: It happens every year.. Not like it's a big surprise time change.. I work with blackberrys and other pda's and wireless data devices.. Work has been :evil: because of this time change geesh

This year (and from now on until congress gets the brilliant idea to change it again) it happens 3 weeks earlier and changes back 3 weeks later.

Just get rid of DST and be done with it. It annoys me! >:

michael
03-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Finally I have a good excuse to be late for awhile! Would be nice if they'd do away with it, along with Echecks too!