PDA

View Full Version : beak grinding?

eeyoresdad
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Is it normal for a lovie to grind her beak? She's sitting on my shoulder right now and all I hear is her grinding her beak like we do with teeth when we're asleep.

mjm8321
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
It means she happy and content. :) You'll hear her do this when she naps or goes to sleep.

michael
03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Goofy grinds his beak during his winding down time just before beddy bye. Either that or he found some sandpaper and now he's into woodworking...M N' G

Lightening's Owner
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
lightening does this when he is settling down and ready to take a nap or go to sleep. In my experience, the beak grinding is nothing to worry about- your bird is letting you know that he/she is happy.

eeyoresdad
03-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

DebSpace
03-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Aw, that's a very good thing!:)

graushill
03-20-2007, 03:36 AM
I think beak grinding is a very good thing too :). My birds beak grind after a good meal, when it's sunny outside (we live in the south of Sweden and sunny days are not the norm in winter), when the whole flock (including the hubby and I) is gathered together in the evenings, when they are listening to music they like..... I think beak grinding is one of the most soothing sounds in the world, and have been known to nod off. I usually wake up though because they nod off too, and then with six birds several of which nap while chirping loudly, well let's just say, things aren't quite as soothing anymore :).

Gloria

sdgilley
03-20-2007, 07:48 AM
with six birds several of which nap while chirping loudly:lol That's how Peter naps!!:lol
I hear much beak grinding when I have the birds covered in my bedroom and I am going to bed. Even covered, they know I'm there and it's time for us all to sleep. It's a happy content sound, isn't it?

butterfly1061
03-20-2007, 08:18 AM
I think beak grinding is one of the most soothing sounds in the world, and have been known to nod off. I usually wake up though because they nod off too, and then with six birds several of which nap while chirping loudly, well let's just say, things aren't quite as soothing anymore :).Awww, Gloria, I can't wait to hear that chirpy sound from young lovies again. When Olivia's babies start to grow up it'll be like it was when Molly & Daisy were babies :clap:

mawmasbaby
03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I am so glad to hear that the grinding is a sound of happiness. I have an extremely happy little lovie, because she grinds her beak alot. In her cage, on my shoulder, while napping, while playing. It is good to know she is so happy.

momo
08-01-2008, 06:04 AM
after a hard, stressful and heartbreaking hour of trying to get elmo back into his cage today after a play session gone wrong (he slipped through the crack of a door into the bathroom.. i thought the crack too small for him.. oh i was wrong.

he just had his first giant feed and some water.. and is grinding his beak.
im so glad he is grinding his beak after today.. im so relieved!!