PDA

View Full Version : barraban parakeet

salderm1
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry, I looked under the other species but did not see these. My son is wanting to get a baraban parakeet aka superb parrot. Does anyone know anything about these? Do they make good pets? We were looking at Pet Supplies Plus and he just fell in love with this bird. It is about a year old and has not been sexed. They took it out of the cage and though she had to catch it and it was very skittish it did not bite. Also, would my lovie Link and the new bird ever be able to play together? Or do we have to always keep them in different rooms when we have them out? I appreciate any input you can give me, I haven't been able to find much about these birds as pets on the net, and everyone here has helped me so much with my little biting lovie Link!!!

linda040899
03-24-2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.p-pp.tv/articles/barraband_parakeet/index.htm
I did a Google search and came up with a few links that talk about Barrabands. They actually are not all that common in aviculture and are usually not seen as pets, although it seems that they can be kept that way.

No need to sex Barrabands. They are sexually dimorphic. Check the link and you will see what I mean. As with all different species of bird, how well they get along is strictly dependent on the individual birds. Some will love each other, while with others, it's hate at first glance.

salderm1
03-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks, I did a search too, I was hoping to find a forum like this but just found basic information. I was hoping someone had one as a pet and could tell me what to expect(if I do get it!). Thanks for your help!!