PDA

View Full Version : earings

salderm1
03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I have diamond earings in my ears since 1989, they were a graduation gift. Link seems to like them alot. I try to cover my ears with my hair but he seems to find them. I'm worried about him dislodging one of them, and the uncomfortable fact. I say no, and lower my head, and even wiggle my finger at him. I don't want to take the earings out every night, these are special to me and I don't take the out. Should I put tape on my ears??

LauraO
03-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Honestly, you are probably going to have to take them out whether you like it or not. Life adjustments are part of lovie ownership:rolleyes: . In fact, I stopped wearing earings most days and only put some studs in on rare occasions cause I just want to bother cause no matter how much I say no, they're going to do it anyway. I mean they are shiney bird toys attached to your ear. What self respecting lovie wouldn't go for them :rofl: .

michael
03-25-2007, 05:04 AM
You may not hear to well but how bout a pair of earmuffs? Football helmet, motorcycle helmet, bathing cap, you know, the rubber ones, or how about squeezing a couple small change holders over them? Or, how bout.......:D :D :D

bellarains
03-25-2007, 07:12 AM
I have had one of my birds pull a diamond out of an earring. This was not a stud, but rather a loop of diamonds, but still, they are capable of it, and if swallowed, it could be detrimental to their health. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the cost of a vet visit, x-rays, and whatever might be needed is a reason to take them out. Oh, and one more thing, I cost me over $100.00 to have the diamond set back in:rolleyes:

Anyway, I understand they are special, but as Laura said, they look real special to your fid too, and I for one can not fault anyone for finding diamonds irresistible:wink:

Buy A Paper Doll
03-25-2007, 07:04 PM
My advice is to just take them out. It's safer for everyone involved. If you put tape on your ears you will make them all the more irresistable to your birds: "Oh look! Momma put giftwrap on my present! Before it was just a shiny toy but now it's a foraging toy with a shiny toy inside!"

I have diamond earrings that I wore all the time, until Milo ripped one right out of my ear and ran with it.

I'm lucky that (a) he didn't manage to break off a piece and swallow it before I got it from him, (b) he didn't rip my earlobe, (c) he didn't damage the earring.

Now I just take the earrings out when I have the birds out. If I forget Milo reminds me by grabbing the earring and rolling it around in his beak while it's still in my ear.

wilkiecoco
03-25-2007, 07:13 PM
i used to wear earrings all the time as well, but kiwi soon taught me better. he will, without fail, remind me when i accidentally leave them in by mistake by yanking on them, hard!!! it's one more thing we all have had to adjust for the sake of safety, ours and our lovie friends. it's just not worth the risk, and you really can't change the inherent personality of your lovie. your earrings are shiny, irresistable, need to have them NOW toys.

salderm1
03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Ok, I give in!!! lol Link is training me pretty good!!! Thanks everyone!!!

salderm1
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess I should have noted, it's not like these are easy off earings, these posts are a screw on ear ring...that is why I wrote!!! I hope you all didn't think think it was a simple post earring!!!