PDA

View Full Version : Talking in her sleep?

eeyoresdad
03-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, for a while now I realize that she tends to chirp out of control with her eyes closed. I first saw it when we were watching tv and she was on my stomach. She started the beak grinding, then slowly closed her eyes and then starts chirping in different rythms. on other days when I leave the room I hear her chirping the same way and when I come in, she's sleeping and wakes up. This morning, when I was doing my paper, she found a place to hang out and did the same thing. Is she sleep talking? Can somebody explain this? I really hope this doesn't mean that she's sick.

kimsbirds
03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Perfectly normal !
I call it sleep chatter....its a happy, chirpy, slumbery, nappin type thing :)
Aint it awesome ?
K

linda040899
03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
This is really very normal!
Long about siesta time for all lovies in the afternoon, I start hearing the beak grinding and the soft chirping. Very cute and it's a good thing.

Sick? Nope! :)

butterfly1061
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
See this is why I need a video camera with sound in the birdroom. So I can watch my babies while I'm at work. I love to hear them beak-grind and sleepy chirp. Music to my ears :clap:

mjm8321
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Imagine if you can, that cute chatter multiplied by let's say 50!! :lol :lol I love that sound and I've found myself on weekends becoming sleepy around the same time they all start chattering at naptime. I can actually fall asleep to it. I'll only be worried if I start chirping along with them. ;)

Bomom
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I read somwhere that they chatter when they nap in the daytime to fool predators into thinking they are awake. I love it and it makes me sleepy too

michael
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I wasn't sure if he would occasionally sleepy chirp to make sure I was awake or sleepy chirp to let me know he was still awake. Goofy even mumbles to himself then really falls asleep and finally wakes himself up with a big CHEEP!!! then gives a look like whats with you?.....Michael N' Goofy's sound asleep...

Z28Taxman
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I'll only be worried if I start chirping along with them. ;)

Well then I'm in trouble! :whistle:

DebSpace
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I read somwhere that they chatter when they nap in the daytime to fool predators into thinking they are awake. I love it and it makes me sleepy too

I've heard this, too. Mine seem to go in cycles with it, several nights in a row. That, or I'm sleeping right through it the rest of the time.:lol

dani
03-30-2007, 10:58 PM
my Haku does it too!! so that's why he keeps chirping in different notes when he's napping... aaaaahhhh... i seeeeee...