PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't surprise me at all.....

Elle
04-11-2007, 03:45 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/6541785.stm

Emery
04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Haha, silly bird. Maybe she just likes chocolate. :)

Ilovelovies
04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Poor Pippa:) They need to use her for a surrogate egg sitter:lol
Glad they didn't let her incubate too long as that would have been one chocolatly birdie:omg:

Sharon

linda040899
04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Elle,
That's really funny! Poor Pippa. She just really wants to be a mom.....

Reminds me of the U2 that lived with me for a while. Alice was very smart and equally as destructive! I had to watch her 24/7, even when she was in her cage! I can remember a baby Cockatiel (the baby was about 2 weeks old when this incident happened) that I had just finished handfeeding and I left it in it's container on my kitchen counter for just a couple of minutes while I went to do something in the living room. Next thing I see is Alice (U2) walking across my dining room table towards the pass through that lead to the kitchen counter where the baby was. Alice proceeded to jump up on the pass through and down onto the counter!! In an absolute panic, I made a mad dash for the kitchen, expecting to see my baby Tiel, minus its head!!! (Alice did not like other birds!) Fortunately, that's not what Alice had in mind. She figured the baby was alone and it needed to be fed...so that's exactly what she did!!! When I got there, there was Alice, right next to the baby Tiel and the baby was absolutely covered with regurgitated banana! :omg:

Needless to say, I never left the baby on the counter again, not for any reason!!!

Janie
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Great article, thanks for sharing! :)

butterfly1061
04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
That's so sweet. I do feel sorry for Pippa. Like Linda said, all she wants to do is be a mommy. :)

dani
04-12-2007, 02:39 AM
awww... it actually is both sad and sweet... poor birdy, she wants to be a mommy so badly

mjm8321
04-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Poor darling. She just wanted to hatch some Chocolate Creme cockatoos! :rofl:

Linda, I hope you named that baby tiel Chiquita. ;)