PDA

View Full Version : Colours?

Lora & Marvin
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi All...
well Marvin is almost at the 5 month mark now...and growing up so quickly! She's turned into quite a nasty little biter. But only with fingers!!! (Maybe she thinks they're worms???) Anyways...my question might be an amateur one, but I'm nwe at this. I THINK Marvin is a dutch blue. Although her dad was definatley a sea green (and mum was a creamino) ... anyways. I'm just wondering-about when will she develop that peachy colour on her face/neck??? I heard its around the time of her first molt-which seems to be happening right now...but her colour hasn't changed in the least! She's got a very pretty grey face/head and a white chest. Is there a possibility that her colour will remain this way? If not, when should I start expecting a change??? Thanks for the input in advance!!!!

butterfly1061
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
The first molt can start around 6 months of age and you can see changes up to the time they are 1 yr old. I saw my Molly, who is a Lutino, change drastically from his baby colors. My Piper, who is a Pied, changed, but you can barely see peach on his forehead. Marvin sure is a pretty lovie. Cute little baby face :D