PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Away For Awhile Because

rmhand
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I fell downstairs while moving things from one room to our storage shed. I injured my ankle pretty bad, but it should be fine in about six weeks...at least that's what the doctor said. I can't wait to get back up to speed. This happened at the worst time...I'd just gone to the Bird Fair last Saturday and got a nice cage. My son helped me set it up and we moved Sunshine & Starburst into it then gave Kiwi their cage. They are all very happy in their new homes. When I get a chance I'll take a picture. I'd like to get new cages for all my birdies...especially like the one I just got. You can't beat Bird Fair prices on cages.

Buy A Paper Doll
04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
OUCH!!!

Hopefully your ankle heals up without any additional problems. My unsolicited advice: If the doctor says stay off it for 6 weeks, that means, Stay off it for 6 weeks. I had to learn this lesson the hard way ....

michael
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Why do all these accidents have to happen in the spring time when your really wanting to accomplish everything? I had a car accident in Feb and lucked out with minor injuries, but the healing process drove me nuts! Well, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope your not like me and have to over do everything. Grab the T.V. remote or phone or something and start ordering around whoever gets near your vincinity! Except the lovies that is.......Get well........Michael and Goofy

bellarains
04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Yep, accidents do seem to happen at the worst of times. Then again, I guess there really is no good time for an accident:rolleyes:

I am glad to hear it's not any worse than the ankle. I know you are bummed out, but it could have been much worse, and I'm just glad to hear you are alright:)

butterfly1061
04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I was wondering where you'd been. I'm so sorry to hear you had an accident. Sounds really painful. I had a head-on collision back in November (totaled my new car), then in March had to have my Gallbladder removed :rolleyes: , then last weekend ended up in the hospital with Gastroenteritis. Everybody says things happen in three's so I think I'm about done. Hope you feel better soon and watch some cable ot satellite tv. I love HGTV and FoodTV. :D

Susan27
04-22-2007, 10:58 PM
OUCH is the right word for your ankle. Catch up on some tv...rent some movies...read a book....watch your lovies....all good choices to occupy some time!! I wish you a speedy, um, 6 week recovery.

shylevon
04-23-2007, 12:39 AM
That'll teach you...

Nobody moves and nobody gets hurt. That's my philosophy.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Janie
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
That'll teach you...

Nobody moves and nobody gets hurt. That's my philosophy.

Shy, that philosophy works for me, too! :lol

Sorry to hear about that ankle, OUCH is right! Hope you're feeling better and back up to speed very soon! :)

Eliza
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh my goodness!

Hope that you are recovering nicely :)

Take it easy, OK?

-e-

rmhand
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Thank you so much for all your well wishes. I've watched a lot of TV, been reading magazines, enjoying the company of my dogs and the lovies (separately of course) and feeling lazy. I'm ready to get busy again, but will follow the doctor's orders. I've missed being on here.