PDA

View Full Version : Peekaboo!

Buy A Paper Doll
06-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I have a new game I play with M&M. They go and hide behind my computer monitor. I say, "Where's Milo? Where's Melody? Where's them birdies? Where are they??" in an excited voice.

Then I peek around behind the monitor. They're at the edge, peeking back. They look SOOO excited when I say, "THERE they are! Peekaboo!" and they come running out and stand on my keyboard. Then we do it again.

Yesterday I showed hubby our new game. When I said, "Where's Milo??" he CHIRPED from behind the monitor! Sooooo cute!

Well. Hubby decided he wanted in on this game. The birds went behind the monitor. Without warning, he stuck his head back there and yelled "Peekaboo!" Scared the living daylights out of the birds. :eek: I told him he didn't play the game right.

kimsbirds
06-24-2005, 10:00 PM
ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bellarains
06-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Ahhhhh,

Poor M&M. Gotta laugh just a little bit though :rofl:

cam98
06-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Try playing hide and seek!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

butterfly1061
06-25-2005, 07:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Jen,

That's too funny! Hubby needs to know if someone tells you how to play the game, you have to do it that way every time, right? :rofl:

Buy A Paper Doll
06-25-2005, 07:57 PM
OK so this game is really "hide-and-seek" but they really like the part where I say "peekaboo" so I have to leave that in there. So call it "peek and seek" if you like. :) Anyway, poor little birds are huddled behind the monitor, excitedly waiting for their momma to say "Where's them birdies?" so they know she's gonna come looking for them ... and all of a sudden they see their daddy's big old head and he yells PEEKABOO really really loud. Poor Melody fell off the speaker, she was so scared. :eek: I told him he couldn't play "peek and seek" with them anymore.

Paulette
07-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Jennifer.....that is too cute! Mike comes in every day and talks to my birds....he lets the lovies and the tiels sit on his shoulder a pair at a time......last night he said they are almost like people (as they were all chatting and enjoying his attention) and I had no idea they were going to be this much fun. I nearly fell off my chair at this statement. I do have to tell Mike when he is scaring the birds and he doesn't even know he's doing it. It is fun learning though isn't it?
Paulette

Sparkette65
07-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Paulette,
I think my husband is the same way!! :rofl:
He goes in the sunportch and uncovers everybirdy (he usually lets me sleep in), well before he uncovers them, he whistles (he says to let them know he is there to uncover them so he doesn't scare them) after he uncovers them, he stands there and talks to all of them, he gets his newspaper out and they all come running to the front of the cages, he tears it and hands each birdy a piece of it,,,,doesnt matter if their male or female, baby of older, he gives them all a piece. He is so funny,,,,sometimes I think he enjoys them as much as I do!
I can just picture him when there is an egg in the nest...I am making a prediction.....he will call the lovebird who has the first egg "MAMMA" and that name will then stick FOREVER....he will talk to her about her egg and then when it's a chick he will talk to her about that! I bet you before you know it he will be bonded with one of these lovies....as he just cant resist the power they have over his mind.....MHUHAHAaa!!!
He is definately in for it for sure!!!
take care,
Lori

Paulette
07-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Lori......MHUHAHAaa!!!!!.....I love it!!! :rofl: :lol :rofl:
Paulette

Wheeliegirl
07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
In the mornings, while I'm getting ready for work, I get Peachie out of her cage. While I put my make up on, she stands behind my makeup mirror, and runs back and forth and I try to to trick her and be at the side where she ISN'T. I say "Peek-a-boo!" when she "finds" me. She's so cute now, because she knows how to play the game and WANTS to play it every morning now. She's even learnd to say her own version of "eep-a-goo"!

The other night while I was preparing dinner, she was in her favorite place - the sliverware drawer - I was playing peek-a-boo with her, when she started to say it, only, instead of saying it when I opened the drawer and saw her, she'd say it just after I closed it! I laughed at her and told her that she had it backwards, but that if that was how she wanted to play it, it was okay with me!

I thought this was just the darndest thing!

Buy A Paper Doll
07-09-2005, 08:45 AM
That Peachie is a smart little birdy, isn't she? :)