PDA

View Full Version : Fraud Alert

linda040899
04-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Cross posted from 911ParrotAlert:

FRAUD ALERT! email scam involving lost pets with rewards
Date: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:21 pm ((PDT))

FRAUD ALERT - April 29!

There is an email scam targeting people who are offering rewards for lost pets!

One of the email addresses used is:

marcet culict <vaperpelesc@yahoo.com>

There could be others.

He will start by telling you he 'found' your pet, or it 'came on his property'.

He may tell you that he is from another country and working here in the U.S.

He will do hours and days of negotiations with you but will ultimately refuse to show you the animal UNTIL you give him 1/2 of the reward, deposited either in a post office box, to a bank account or by wire transfer.

We just received word that this has already happened to two people in the past two days who have posted "Lost" ads with rewards. The email was from the SAME person.

Do NOT believe him. If you give him the money you will just have lost money. He doesn't have your pet.

Any person who really has your pet would gladly let you see him.

PLEASE BEWARE - Do NOT be scammed by someone who is trying to break your heart even further.

kimsbirds
04-29-2007, 09:41 PM
What some people will do!!!
Thats so maddening, but honestly, it doesn't surprise me in this day and age.

Thanks for the heads' up Linda!!

mjm8321
04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
When we lost Five the Quaker, I had someone contact me telling mne they had found my pet. It was definitely a scam artist as the English was horrible and the email vague. I knew it wasn't real right from the get go, but was quite frankly ticked off about it so i sent them email asking them to send a picture of "my bird". Now I had posted several pictures of Five, a green Quaker, so it wasn't a mystery what he looked like. They responded back with a picture, taken from a site online, of a blue parakeet. :lol Obviously, it was all horsefeathers.