PDA

View Full Version : Biting Lovie

Jamba58
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I am a first time lovebird owner and have had my bird for about 2 weeks. She has bonded to me quite quickly but whenever I attempt to touch her she will bite me:( . Any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour?

acardz
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
It's going to take a little time. A female peachface, i have the same bird. Give it some time to let her trust your fingers, she will and then head rubs she will want. Good luck with your bird. They are great pets

michael
05-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Jamba58. Two weeks and its already evident she's getting close to you is great. Lots of things can affect the outcome of her biting issues but the most effective is time and patience. She communicates and learns mainly with her beak so you may have to do your best to avoid the bites until she recognizes she's hurting you. Anger and frustration will always be a setback as they're very adept at sensing our reactions and will only seek out your negative response again and again. It takes lots of bites to make you do what you don't want to do. I would check the resourse library in "must reads" section just for starters as well as past threads on this subject. There's so many ways to help achieve a "comfortable relationship" with your precious girl......Good luck and maybe keep a bandaid or two handy just in case you get a little "careless".......Michael N' Goofy